PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, soon EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Kingtut18 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unrevoked Reflash Released

Looks like Unrevoked just released their reflash app for Windows PC's, Linux and Mac OSX.

http://unrevoked.com/recovery/

My question is since it is Unrevoked, they don't explain or tell you how to use it. Does anyone know what this would allow us to do with the EVO? Is this full root now?

(This also works for the Incredible and Desire.)
Old 06-23-2010, 07:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: Unrevoked Reflash Released

I think it may give you a recovery...

why they don't explain their software even the least bit is puzzling.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is just my opinion now but I don't really trust the unrevoked. They are to vague for one. For two they also want everyone to root which they said makes your phone more secure when in fact it opens it totally up for anything. Hence the need for root for certain programs to run right. And for three they are not forth coming with what they are doing or how it is done. It just don't seem right to me. I trust toast more that is just my own opinion others may well disagree.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I ran the initial unrevoked method for "root" just to get wireless tethering to work. However i do have a random anti-virus program running and on install i got a warning that the program was suspicious. I'm not saying it is and i actually just skipped the mssg. If anyone has any other opinions on this please post.thanks

I had no clue unrevoked was "shadowmites" work. He's been around for a while. i remember using some of his work about 5-6 yrs ago on my treo 650.

Last edited by meccadon123; 06-23-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This was just put up over at XDA, no new info so far. May want to follow both threads for info.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=unrevoked

Last edited by meccadon123; 06-23-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the twitter link

http://mobile.twitter.com/unrevoked

"To clarify, this impending release is *not* a new root method; this adds a custom recovery for current root users. "

Last edited by orangekid; 06-24-2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: some off topic stuff
Old 06-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

OK peoples. Let's everyone cool off and try to stick to the supremely interesting topic of why those kid pastas in a can that are supposed to look like dinosaurs never do, I mean cmon, seriously, ermm. I mean the topic of unrevoked...
Old 06-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

agreed to cloak and dagger for me to be flashing something like that on my phone.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G