PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 09:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation What? Roaming Data Charges!? On the EVO?!

Premium Data $10?

So after making a few posts about how my current account is set up. I decided to check my account on sprint and see an alert box!

Roaming Data charges? I realized why, my phone went into roaming in my home area. Actually at work, Down Town Miami.. Rep. confirmed network problems last week. Didn't change with the latest PRL either. This week it's back to normal...

But man WTF!? Is the deal with that Sprint Data Roaming, limits?? Anyone else get/seen this on their bills?

-CC

EDIT: Got off with Sprint Rep. She says there is no additional charge for Data Roaming, that it is only showing to make me aware, but that it is included in the Unlimited Roaming, as long as it's in America.. whew..

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-21-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: What? Roaming Data Charges!? On the EVO?!

That's one thing I like about Sprint, Data and Voice Roaming is included in your plan...as long as it's a newer one. There's always going to be spots where your roaming and thankfully your covered.

Try that with At&t or T-Mobile...expect to be roaming and getting charged for it.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Living in Miami: no roaming charges so far in here. Maybe it was a fluke?

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 06-22-2010, 01:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

rogerwalker22 is just getting started

Tampa,Fl. I have 8kb worth lol. overall usage is 497,000 kb
Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile
Threadstarter

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
Living in Miami: no roaming charges so far in here. Maybe it was a fluke?
Only happened around Down Town and Brickell area, everywhere else it was in home area.. And I saw a /!\ on my account, no charges tho, 11kb usage, scary.. haha

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-22-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

You get up to 300megabytes of roaming per month. After that they can disconnect your service. Most likely if it's a little over they'll see if you do it again another month.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

Alfa95 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
That's one thing I like about Sprint, Data and Voice Roaming is included in your plan...as long as it's a newer one. There's always going to be spots where your roaming and thankfully your covered.

Try that with At&t or T-Mobile...expect to be roaming and getting charged for it.
Mmmmm, T-Mobile does NOT charge you for roaming in the US as long as you don't have one of the really old plans. Puerto Rico is also considered nationwide and no extra charges.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
You get up to 300megabytes of roaming per month. After that they can disconnect your service. Most likely if it's a little over they'll see if you do it again another month.
Is that stated within the plan details? Cuz when they say free roaming, that usually means free roaming. If your roaming in a very populated area...then there is something wrong with their towers. I only once and awhile roam. Also you can probably disable roaming on your phone...and then it won't even allow a connection.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Is that stated within the plan details? Cuz when they say free roaming, that usually means free roaming. If your roaming in a very populated area...then there is something wrong with their towers. I only once and awhile roam. Also you can probably disable roaming on your phone...and then it won't even allow a connection.
Depending on your plan, roaming WILL use up minutes that wouldn't otherwise be counted against you.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Makes sense...but to have the Evo you have to be on one of the newer plans don't you? Those all include free roaming from what I understand...I would call Sprint and have them check the area or the towers in the area.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G