PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   What? Roaming Data Charges!? On the EVO?! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126030)

clockcycle 06-21-2010 09:40 PM

What? Roaming Data Charges!? On the EVO?!

Premium Data $10?

So after making a few posts about how my current account is set up. I decided to check my account on sprint and see an alert box!

Roaming Data charges? I realized why, my phone went into roaming in my home area. Actually at work, Down Town Miami.. Rep. confirmed network problems last week. Didn't change with the latest PRL either. This week it's back to normal...

But man WTF!? Is the deal with that Sprint Data Roaming, limits?? Anyone else get/seen this on their bills?

-CC

EDIT: Got off with Sprint Rep. She says there is no additional charge for Data Roaming, that it is only showing to make me aware, but that it is included in the Unlimited Roaming, as long as it's in America.. whew..

ChrisH09 06-21-2010 10:31 PM

Re: What? Roaming Data Charges!? On the EVO?!

That's one thing I like about Sprint, Data and Voice Roaming is included in your plan...as long as it's a newer one. There's always going to be spots where your roaming and thankfully your covered.

Try that with At&t or T-Mobile...expect to be roaming and getting charged for it.

fenixjn 06-21-2010 11:38 PM

Living in Miami: no roaming charges so far in here. Maybe it was a fluke?

rogerwalker22 06-22-2010 01:04 PM

Tampa,Fl. I have 8kb worth lol. overall usage is 497,000 kb

clockcycle 06-22-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixjn (Post 1829109)
Living in Miami: no roaming charges so far in here. Maybe it was a fluke?

Only happened around Down Town and Brickell area, everywhere else it was in home area.. And I saw a /!\ on my account, no charges tho, 11kb usage, scary.. haha

Donatom3 06-22-2010 01:12 PM

You get up to 300megabytes of roaming per month. After that they can disconnect your service. Most likely if it's a little over they'll see if you do it again another month.

Alfa95 06-24-2010 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisH09 (Post 1828984)
That's one thing I like about Sprint, Data and Voice Roaming is included in your plan...as long as it's a newer one. There's always going to be spots where your roaming and thankfully your covered.

Try that with At&t or T-Mobile...expect to be roaming and getting charged for it.

Mmmmm, T-Mobile does NOT charge you for roaming in the US as long as you don't have one of the really old plans. Puerto Rico is also considered nationwide and no extra charges.

ChrisH09 06-24-2010 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donatom3 (Post 1830140)
You get up to 300megabytes of roaming per month. After that they can disconnect your service. Most likely if it's a little over they'll see if you do it again another month.

Is that stated within the plan details? Cuz when they say free roaming, that usually means free roaming. If your roaming in a very populated area...then there is something wrong with their towers. I only once and awhile roam. Also you can probably disable roaming on your phone...and then it won't even allow a connection.

TheBundo 06-24-2010 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisH09 (Post 1834102)
Is that stated within the plan details? Cuz when they say free roaming, that usually means free roaming. If your roaming in a very populated area...then there is something wrong with their towers. I only once and awhile roam. Also you can probably disable roaming on your phone...and then it won't even allow a connection.

Depending on your plan, roaming WILL use up minutes that wouldn't otherwise be counted against you.

ChrisH09 06-24-2010 05:43 AM

Makes sense...but to have the Evo you have to be on one of the newer plans don't you? Those all include free roaming from what I understand...I would call Sprint and have them check the area or the towers in the area.