PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Does your Google I/O EVO phone still working as of 6/20?

I got my Google I/O EVO since last month,was it susposed to end the free service on 6/19?mine still working as of today.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:27 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Does your Google I/O EVO phone still working as of 6/20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
I got my Google I/O EVO since last month,was it susposed to end the free service on 6/19?mine still working as of today.
I think it ends 6/20...
Old 06-20-2010, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Mbai2 is keeping up the good workMbai2 is keeping up the good work

Mine still works. It is supposed to be de-activated by the end of the day today.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

never worked for me. did unrevoked root, still no workie. just got done with full root, nand backup, setup for custom rom gig and haven't tried tether yet, still using touch pro as a wired tether now while kid is surfing net on my phone.

Edit: now wireless tether 2.0.2pre14 wont even start. i really need to figure something out if i want to shut off my broken touch pro (my net connection for past 10 months)

Last edited by jpwhre; 06-20-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

geeserver is becoming a great contributor

I killed the I/O account on launch date. Move EVO to my main account. Didn't want to carry 2 phones around.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeserver View Post
I killed the I/O account on launch date. Move EVO to my main account. Didn't want to carry 2 phones around.
bingo
Old 06-20-2010, 11:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I kept the 2 accounts. I'm waiting until they deactivate and going to make what I'm sure will be a vain attempt to switch it onto my SERO account. The time has given me time to test, explore, risk crashing it, etc., without worry. I didn't always carry both phones.

I wonder if it will cut off right at midnoight, and what time zone that will be in.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I kept the 2 accounts. I'm waiting until they deactivate and going to make what I'm sure will be a vain attempt to switch it onto my SERO account. The time has given me time to test, explore, risk crashing it, etc., without worry. I didn't always carry both phones.

I wonder if it will cut off right at midnoight, and what time zone that will be in.
So I take it you could not convince BB or Sprint to let you keep your plan?

Old 06-21-2010, 12:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
So I take it you could not convince BB or Sprint to let you keep your plan?
I never tried. I wasn't sure I'd keep the phone. I'm in my 50's, and had more phones, cars, and whatever, than I can remember. I normally never buy a phone on the day of launch, I wait for a few weeks to see how things shake out. That's what I did on the Mogul (bought it), TP1 (skipped it), waited a week on the TP2, and bought it, etc. In the case of the EVO, I got it for only $400 8 days early, so I knew I could sell it before launch if I didn't like it
Old 06-21-2010, 02:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

So...they still working?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G