PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 02:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does your Google I/O EVO phone still working as of 6/20?

As of 10 minutes ago, yep
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Sprint wouldnt activate mine on my custome account I called them several times and expressed my points both with anger and without trying to fanagle my way into some sort of work around. No dice! I had unlimited data and text but aparently that wasnt good enough for sprint. I needed an ED plan according to there reps. They wouldnt even discount an ED plan for me. I offered to meet them half way which would mean they would have had to take $20 off the ED plan the so called manager said they cant do jack. More like they wont do jack. I am not happy with sprint but I have the last laugh. I hooked into an ED family plan with my wife and added my good friend to the plan I know pay 10-20 dollars less a month then I was and I get more. I guess it works out for me and sprint... Either way it should work out better for me. With my old plan whenever I would call sprint they would treat me like shit. I think because the plan was pretty good they pretty much didnt care at all about me being there customer. I have been with sprint for around 10 years and have never once missed a payment. These ****ers have better get there act together cell phone companies are starting to compete more and more and I imagine prices will start lookign similar eventually with all carriers.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

There's nothing wrong with what they're doing. Just trying to make money. If they let you on the cheaper plan then they have to let everyone else on it too! It's still cheaper than all the other carriers. Quit hatin' or get a job with BB or Sprint. $25/month for 1500 minutes and unlimited everything else. And you could use it with your EVO or any other phone. (EVO can be added to 3rd party plans beginning in July.)
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:56 AM
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I wonder if they don't turn it off and I keep using it on the Google IO number, when I finally go to switch it, if they'll try to charge for the time after the 20th. I don't think they'd have a leg to stand on legally, they could have turned it off.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:28 AM
VIP Member

Still working at 5:30 AM
Old 06-21-2010, 08:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: metropcs

louforgiveno is just getting started

Still on for me tooo
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I wonder if they don't turn it off and I keep using it on the Google IO number, when I finally go to switch it, if they'll try to charge for the time after the 20th. I don't think they'd have a leg to stand on legally, they could have turned it off.
Just pray thats not the case... if you have any unpaid balance they will block your ESN till is paid in full.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP Deuce

DirkDiggler is becoming a great contributor

Anyone have the 800 number they gave to activate the google i/o phones (and to get the discount)?? I didn't get the paper with my phone..

NM: Found it

Last edited by DirkDiggler; 06-21-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDiggler View Post
Anyone have the 800 number they gave to activate the google i/o phones (and to get the discount)?? I didn't get the paper with my phone..
1-800-527-8405

I think the discount is only for new customers though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

Thanks, I needed that phone number too, perhaps, though I suppose regular Telesales would work also. Mine is still working, and I can be a stick in the mud, so I think I'll hold out a little longer and see how long it works. I'm not in any rush to pay more every month.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G