PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   3 Clicks to fully Root and Unlock NAND! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125850)

cmdauria 06-20-2010 08:23 AM

3 Clicks to fully Root and Unlock NAND!

I found this over at XDA and wanted to share. It looks like the easiest method so far to Root our phones. This is the link to the original thread over at XDA. Enjoy!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=706411

Konfuzion 06-20-2010 09:45 AM

Re: 3 Clicks to fully Root and Unlock NAND!

Very nice!

Riley 06-20-2010 10:39 AM

Thanks, any idea if you completed part 1 of the root (toast) process, if you can just proceed to the nand unlocking and do this only or do you start from scratch.

rmig825 06-20-2010 10:43 AM

Quick question?? and I read the fourm at xda, Can I run this starting from step 2? I have already unlock via toast method, now I what to unlock the nand, Can I just continue to step 2? Thank you in advance, Opps you beat me too it above!!

themuffinman 06-20-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdauria (Post 1825877)
I found this over at XDA and wanted to share. It looks like the easiest method so far to Root our phones. This is the link to the original thread over at XDA. Enjoy!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=706411

Thanks for posting, this seems alot easier than all previous methods. I don't know why I am so afraid to root my phone, winmo hslp seemed like a walk in the park compared to all this rooting stuff, sheesh. Guess I need to stop being scared, be man and step up to the plate and start rooting this thing.

chino331 06-20-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1826003)
Thanks for posting, this seems alot easier than all previous methods. I don't know why I am so afraid to root my phone, winmo hslp seemed like a walk in the park compared to all this rooting stuff, sheesh. Guess I need to stop being scared, be man and step up to the plate and start rooting this thing.

lol I'm in the same boat...

Thanks OP for the link, def will have to try it out!

Agent0Hibachi 06-20-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chino331 (Post 1826040)
lol I'm in the same boat...

Thanks OP for the link, def will have to try it out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1826003)

Mannnn me too i have no idea why im scared..I used to break down my TP2 now i get my 1st Android now im Sh*ttin bricks cuz im scared to do anything with it..Imma check this easy was 3 step progam out ...Anyone ddid this way yet? Does it work? After i root it so i go to the other post to back up an install a radio an rom an all that?

p-slim 06-20-2010 12:15 PM

This is definitely easier but if you're someone who HAS to do it this way because they are afraid or don't want to take the time to learn adb, you will be behind on the learning curve. More then likely if you want or need root access, you will probably need adb one day for something, and not knowing about adb or shell or fastboot is going to hinder that process. For example a simple tweak may require you to adb push a file a file to your phone or have you mount your phone and without knowing those simple commands it could take you hours for something that can be done in seconds, I honestly recommend learning to root the regular way, it will be way more beneficial down the line. If you already know all the codes then do it this way because its faster, just my 2cents

Agent0Hibachi 06-20-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1826052)
This is definitely easier but if you're someone who HAS to do it this way because they are afraid or don't want to take the time to learn adb will be behind on the learning curve. More then likely if you want or need root access, you will probably need adb one day for something, and not knowing about adb or shell or fastboot is going to hinder that process. For example a simple tweak may require you to adb push a file a file to your phone or have you mount your phone and without knowing those simple commands it could take you hours for something that can be done in seconds, I honestly recommend learning to root the regular way, it will be way more beneficial down the line. If you already know all the codes then do it this way because its faster, just my 2cents

Ok well thank you just gave me the Balls to go on ahead an do it the other way....

themuffinman 06-20-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent0hibachi (Post 1826056)
ok well thank you just gave me the balls to go on ahead an do it the other way....

lmao!!!!!