PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   HELP! EVO stuck in boot loop! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125748)

mrcisco 06-19-2010 01:22 AM

HELP! EVO stuck in boot loop!

I flashed DamageControl v3.1.2 this evening and now my EVO is stuck in a "bbot loop". It comes to the EVO 4G screen, sits for a while and then reboots.

Pulled the battery and rebooted into bootloader and selected recovery. Came to a screen with an EVO and a red exclamation point and just sat there. Did I just screw up my phone.

THANKS!

Boo Boo 06-19-2010 01:29 AM

Re: HELP! EVO stuck in boot loop!

probably but i havent flashed mine. I guess try reflashing.

j187sd 06-19-2010 01:34 AM

the reason your recovery isn't working is becaue you probably haven't installed the permanent recovery.img.

follow toastch's from xda-developers guide to unlock NAND and install a permanent recovery. afterwards, you should be able to restore to a previous nand backup.

Carla 06-19-2010 01:39 AM

If you don't want to install the second part of the root(the new part), you can hook your phone up to your computer while you are on the screen you are on now and run the Windows Recovery Batch File. If you do that you should be able to restore a backup.

kornmaniac 06-19-2010 02:03 AM

You needed to clear the data and the dalvik cache before you flashed otherwise it does the boot loop it happened to me

drgnlover 06-19-2010 02:32 AM

I got suck on the screen with the red exclamation yesterday and I couldn't even shut the phone off. This is what I had to do. I pulled out the battery to get the phone off. Then I held the power button and the volume down button to get into system recovery. Once in recovery the only thing I could select was clear storage (which wipes everything....) from there the phone loaded (minus preloaded scenes and widgets on home screen) I just ignored that and went into recovery mode where I was able to restore my nandbackup. Once phone was restored I used Titanium backup to restore my data. Hope this helps..

mrcisco 06-19-2010 05:08 PM

Thanks to all those that replied! I ended re-flashing from STEP 1 and now all is good and I am currently running bugless beast evo4 (I think). Anyway, I have learned NOT to try this at 2:300am when I am dog tired.

When I got up this morning I followed ALL the steps in order, got the phone working and then tried DamageControl again - NO JOY. I guess my phone (HW ver 0003) just doesn't like it.

Anyway, THANKS again to ALL!!!:headbang:

fenixjn 06-19-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1824186)
If you don't want to install the second part of the root(the new part), you can hook your phone up to your computer while you are on the screen you are on now and run the Windows Recovery Batch File. If you do that you should be able to restore a backup.

Second part of root is required for damagecontrol ROM. If the second part is not performed, the phone will be stuck on an endless boot which seems to be the problem for OP.

Carla 06-19-2010 05:39 PM

I'm not up on everything each ROM requires. Sorry.

vboyz103 06-19-2010 05:45 PM

Here's how you fix the reboot loop.

1. Take out the battery for few seconds. Now put it back
2. Hold down the Volume-Down key, and press the power button.
3. Make sure you DO NOT have any PC36IMG.zip in your sdcard
4. Wait a few seconds, and you be present it with a menu of Recovery, Clear Storage..
5. Select Clear Storage option
6. Select VOL-UP key to say Yes clear storage
7. Phone will auto reboot in 5 seconds.
8. To be safe, do a wipe after this.