PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do you save you apps apk's from the Market?

Using AndroidMate, I can go to the root directory, then the "data" sub-directory, then "app" sub-directory below that, and there are all the apps I've installed (I couldn't see them with any other file explorer). Then when you put a check mark on one file, a little bar with buttons pops up on the bottom. I hit the "All" button, and all my apps are check-marked. Then I hit the "Copy" button, navigate to a new directory I made on the SD Card to backup my apps (in case I ever want an older version back, etc.), and hit "Paste". It seems to be going through the motions, no error pops up, but the apps never show up on the SD Card.

Does anyone have a way to do an app backup onto the card? Or does the Astro App backup give you exactly the same thing, so that you can manipulate individual app files, email them, whatever?
Old 06-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: How do you save you apps apk's from the Market?

Use Astro file manager. It has a nice built in application backup utility.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

grock is just getting started

i use android commander.. that way i can put them all on the pc
google it
Old 07-01-2010, 02:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama View Post
Use Astro file manager. It has a nice built in application backup utility.
Found where they are, under Backup/Apps. Not sure how they got there, Astro, or perhaps MyBackup Pro, but that should save them for future needs, if I off-load them to a PC and date the directory, etc.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:23 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Use android mate. In the app manager screen, long press the apk you want to back up, then back up will be one of the options.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Google is the next skynet
Old 07-01-2010, 03:32 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I use Titanium backup. I was unfamiliar with the other back up options mentioned here, but I like Titanium. If you buy a license, you get one touch restoration of all your apps, or just selected apps.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G