PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution
Carrier: Sprint

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about Stock video player

So im finally getting around to putting some movies on my Evo but I noticed that after I stop the movie it doesnt resume where I left off like my ipod does. I always have to fast forward to the spot I left off at which is very annoying. Is that just how it is or am im missing a setting that needs to be corrected?

if that is just how it is (which sucks) then can anyone recommend a third party player that would do the job?
Old 06-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Question about Stock video player

My solution is to Pause the video and then touch the home button.
I do what I have to do and then I touch and hold on the Home button (to bring up the last 6 used apps)
Go back into Gallery...
Press play... I am right where I left off...

On a side note... are you using any Task Killers... if they are killing your tasks then there will no longer be any saved state for your videos in the Gallery application. Just something to think about.

There are a few great players in the works for Android... once these go public then we will have all the options we want. I am currently using demoPlayer and loving it. It is being developed by a guy on xda... It's looking to be the next CorePlayer...
Old 06-18-2010, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution
Threadstarter

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work

Ok now I see. i was pausing, then going back into the "videos" app and when I play from there it starts from the beginning. If I go back to the video thru "gallery" it resumes where i left off. Strange but ok, whatever works

I actually downloaded demoPlayer to play my .avi vids but actually havent tried it yet. I'll check that out thanks
Old 06-18-2010, 10:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

reedsammy7 is a n00b

i have put a movie on my SD card but it is not showing up on my evo.....can someone please help with this.....i just got my evo activated today.....i really want to be able to take advantage of this feature....any help on this issue would be much appreciated...thanks in advanced
Old 06-20-2010, 01:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

200Duece is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprod View Post
My solution is to Pause the video and then touch the home button.
I do what I have to do and then I touch and hold on the Home button (to bring up the last 6 used apps)
Go back into Gallery...
Press play... I am right where I left off...

On a side note... are you using any Task Killers... if they are killing your tasks then there will no longer be any saved state for your videos in the Gallery application. Just something to think about.

There are a few great players in the works for Android... once these go public then we will have all the options we want. I am currently using demoPlayer and loving it. It is being developed by a guy on xda... It's looking to be the next CorePlayer...

I am not running a TaskKiller and I cannot get this to work. Do you have more than one video on your phone? And what is the "Gallery" icon you are pressing look like?

thanks
Old 06-20-2010, 04:42 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Hey what are you guys using to rip your movies? i use DVD Catalyst 3 which works great for DVD, but not Bluray...is there any converter (paid or free) that allows you to rip Blurays movies?

and if so...Does it allow you to play them back via 720p, or just convert them to your EVO?

Thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 12:47 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Bump...noone?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G