PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 05:50 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Can the Evo Rotate 360 degrees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDirk View Post
I hate it when I take my phone out of my pocket and find it's upside down, is there a way to make the phone rotate all 360 degrees?

Rooted and ready to rock.

Posted by Wifi Tether, AP mode.
how does it flip if you put it in bottom first? seems like its easy to just flip the ppc in your hand but i get your point also, just curious how it flips. barely fits in my pocket and if it would somehow flip probably only happen if my pants arent on.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

shdwknt is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Where is the g sensor in the phone?
** ya ya ya.. take your minds out of the gutter **
Old 06-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

DancinDirk is a n00b

Ok ok, yes, I meant 180, 270 would be nice too. As for how it flips, I usually put it top down in my back pocket and pull the bottom out first.

Is there an app, option or hack that enables rotation in all orientations?

Also, any way to get sense to rotate too? It did on the port I was playing with on my TP2...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:44 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier_droid View Post
If you're going to make a smart aleck response, you should make sure you're correct. Please be so kind as to post the app or work around you have to make the Evo screen change orientation 360 degrees.

you should probably learn to keep your nose in your business....he is correct btw....try it!
Old 06-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

hoosier_droid is a n00b

The Evo I have will only change screen orientation 90 degrees. My iPhone, 270 degrees. If there is an app that will allow for a 360 degree screen orientation change, I'd love to see it.

Thanks for your kind remarks however.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier_droid View Post
The Evo I have will only change screen orientation 90 degrees. My iPhone, 270 degrees. If there is an app that will allow for a 360 degree screen orientation change, I'd love to see it.

Thanks for your kind remarks however.
Well... If your Evo rotates 90 degrees, you can hold it in landscape to the Left, basically one quarter of a turn, and your Iphone rotates 270, so that's landscape to the right (work with me here, I'm not a math major) so is your concern the fact that you want to be able to hold it in landscape to the right? My TP2 doesn't rotate more than 90 degrees, but honestly if I needed it to, I could just rotate it in my hand, like if I took a picture while hanging upside down and when I viewed it in album it's orientation was wrong, I could just flip the phone over to see it correctly (not like I was hanging upside down), but that's just me. You can also jus return it, you have 30 days, and go buy an Iphone 4g, but don't expect 4G service cuz they ain't got it yet...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Well... If your Evo rotates 90 degrees, you can hold it in landscape to the Left, basically one quarter of a turn, and your Iphone rotates 270, so that's landscape to the right (work with me here, I'm not a math major) so is your concern the fact that you want to be able to hold it in landscape to the right? My TP2 doesn't rotate more than 90 degrees, but honestly if I needed it to, I could just rotate it in my hand, like if I took a picture while hanging upside down and when I viewed it in album it's orientation was wrong, I could just flip the phone over to see it correctly (not like I was hanging upside down), but that's just me. You can also jus return it, you have 30 days, and go buy an Iphone 4g, but don't expect 4G service cuz they ain't got it yet...
the accelerometer can do 270 degrees, there are custom roms in the upgrades sectoin that allow this, so its just software related

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

_sandman is keeping up the good work_sandman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to _sandman

the new fresh rom .5.3 that was released 2 days ago allows 270degree rotation

i currently run it and can say it works great! you can also make sense rotate but there are minor glitches
Old 07-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

hoosier_droid is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Based on the title of the thread, the question was whether or not the Evo can rotate 360 degrees. Given you're not a math whiz, I'll go slow for you. There are 360 degrees in a circle so the implication is, at minimum, the Evo screen could be seen in landscape rotating to the left or right, portrait and portrait upside down. Reality is, my unrooted Evo can be viewed in landscape rotating ccw and in portrait. I'd call that 180 degrees.

I don't have 4G service within 200 miles of where I live (Indianapolis, IN) nor does the majority of the geography of the United States. From what I've read at a number of sites, even those metropolitan areas where 4G towers are located provides "sketchy" service at best. Sitting at my desk, utilizing speedtest.net and mobilespeedtest.com, I have never gotten better than 286 kbps download and generally, it is less than 100 kbps. Using mobilespeedtest.com on my old iPhone 3G, I consistently get over 2 mbps at the exact spot.

Since you mentioned the iPhone, I am giving serious consideration to returning the Evo and purchasing the iPhone4. I am leaning more towards waiting a few weeks for Verizon and the DroidX. I believe that overall, Verizon has the best network and I do like the Android platform. I like the Evo quite a bit but the Sprint service sucks in some key areas I spend time at.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDirk View Post
Ok ok, yes, I meant 180, 270 would be nice too. As for how it flips, I usually put it top down in my back pocket and pull the bottom out first.
Is there an app, option or hack that enables rotation in all orientations?
Also, any way to get sense to rotate too? It did on the port I was playing with on my TP2...
I find this entertaining. Let me see if I follow this...

You're holding the phone in your hand, I assume portrait while looking at the screen. (Right-side-up)
You turn your hand face down to put the phone in your pocket.
Now the phone is in your pocket upside down, and the screen is facing your thigh.

When you reach in to grab the phone, your hand is in the same position it was when you put the
phone in your pocket, right? So you grab the phone, lift it out of your pocket, I assume you turn
your hand up to hold it like normal, but somehow that makes the phone upside-down now?

This is like that folding the $1 bill trick my uncle use to do to us as kids and we couldn't figure out how he made it flip.
I thanked you for the laugh.

As other's have mentioned, Fresh's rom does this already and Froyo will do this too.

Last edited by FastRX8; 07-01-2010 at 08:04 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
360 degree rotate, evo