PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: Evo Resolutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
My base comparinson is actually a 1st gen iphone. I played with the Evo already and was dissapointed in how NOT fluid the web browsing experience was compared to the 1st gen iphone. Dont believe me? Simple, get a hold of a old iphone and open up engadget or newsweek or any heavy graphics web address and put both side by side. Then base your own experience.
I own an iPad and an Evo. Apple's newest and greatest, and believe me the Evo can keep up with it in browsing. Also the iPad has this problem cuz of it's measly 256mb of ram where sometimes it screeches to a halt and then programs just close all of a sudden without telling you including the browser. So please dont' tell me a 1st gen iphone is outperforming an Evo.

Not to mention when I open 5 windows on my Evo and come back to the browser it doesn't have to reload any of those pages, but an iPad does cuz it doesn't save any of that in memory. You know how annoying it is to have 3 or 5 pages loaded up and when you switch between windows you need to wait for it to reload a page that you hadn't actually left even in the same browsing session. While on the Evo I come back to the internet after running a game and every page I had opened doesn't need to be refreshed.

I still like my iPad, but please don't keep giving these biased opinions if you haven't used both devices extensively. And yes the iPad is valid here since it is the closest thing hardware wise to an iPhone 4 right now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
So hostile in here! Remember... you can skip this thread instead of makingchildish Steve Handjobs comments.
You not being an EVO user telling us what is wrong with our phone is childish...

Lipidfats has it right. This should be closed so people who actually USE the EVO can talk about the EVO...
Old 06-15-2010, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

biscodude is becoming a great contributor

You are clearly a troll, not that we needed your name to prove that. You are getting exactly the response that a troll desires, so I guess, congrats?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

AaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to AaronP220

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
I mean geeeeeze! I want to be civil. I really do! But this is like comparing private parts with another dude and saying, yeah...i have played with one before....but it seems it just doesn't pop up fast enough for me...the iphone can pop up webpages faster than mister happy so I think I'm going to tell the world....
4 pumps and a dump FTW.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Gatornator

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscodude View Post
You are clearly a troll, not that we needed your name to prove that. You are getting exactly the response that a troll desires, so I guess, congrats?
Your right. We are feeding the troll a fish diet....I'm done.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

we SHOULD give the response he wants, at least for the short term... It will get the thread closed faster and maybe they'll ban him from this forum since he clearly has no interest in the EVO. This guy reminds me of the 2 or 3 guys that just wouldn't stop bashing the tp2 in the tp2 forum (but eventually got a tp2 anyway).
Old 06-15-2010, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

Wow! I dont know what to say! Incredible how some take offence to simple words. All the name calling shows it all. Let me update you guys who got "offended". Skip this thread, its not for the feable minded. Let us who might buy it gather info on those who have it. Simple?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Gatornator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
we SHOULD give the response he wants, at least for the short term... It will get the thread closed faster and maybe they'll ban him from this forum since he clearly has no interest in the EVO. This guy reminds me of the 2 or 3 guys that just wouldn't stop bashing the tp2 in the tp2 forum (but eventually got a tp2 anyway).
LOL, true! But did those guys eventually get banned?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Gatornator

Quote:
Wow! I dont know what to say! Incredible how some take offence to simple words. All the name calling shows it all. Let me update you guys who got "offended". Skip this thread, its not for the feable minded. Let us who might buy it gather info on those who have it. Simple?
I'm not taking any offense and I shouldn't have to skip ANY thread in this forum especially from a NON-EVO user. Your not gathering info. Your making cpu assumptions, iphone/evo comaprisons, letting us all know of it's shortcommings, then praising the iphone. Gathering info is simply reading, taking notes, asking questions. Simple?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

Has anyone called Sprint to clain this screen pealing? Its still under the 30 days. What responses has Sprint given their cusomers?Everyone just ignore these memberswho arent giving any good insights besides name calling.

Last edited by AndroidTroll; 06-15-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G