PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc EVO Lte
Carrier: Sprint

jsjaybone is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Comcast email setup issue

Anyone have problems setting up comcast email account on the Evo? I get cannot connect to mail server error. I bet it's my noob android skills at play.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Comcast email setup issue

i've had several android customers have this problem, you'll have to set it up manually

so hit the manual button
for incoming:
punch in your username and password
incoming mail server: mail.comcast.net
its going to ask for a 3 digit number type: 110
for outgoing:
punch in username/passwrod
outgoing mail server: smtp.comcast.net
3 digit number: 587

hit done and that's it
Old 06-14-2010, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc EVO Lte
Threadstarter

jsjaybone is becoming a great contributor

Thank you! I didn't have to put in any 3 digit number for incoming or outgoing . Just had to be in the server info.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Those 3 digit numbers he's giving you are the port numbers. Alot of ISP's block port 25 which is the port normally used for Email. So if you have a problem sending mails while connected to wifi you may need to change that port to 587.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

alright cool, glad it worked

and definitely test your outgoing like donatom said, you may have to change it later
Old 06-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/Palm Pre

klbjr is a n00b

Hit Manual input and it should read like this:

Incoming Settings
POP
your email address
your username (usually your email address)
your password
POP server: pop3.comcast.net
Security type: None
Server port: 110

Outgoing Settings
username: (your email address)
Password: (your password)
SMTP server: smtp.comcast.net
Security type: SSL
Server port: 465

Can't tell you how many times I've had to input this stuff over the years. After every new ROM or Pre update.

Last edited by klbjr; 06-14-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: format
Old 06-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Had the problem as well. Finally gave us and set up my comcast email through my gmail account. I actually like it better that way since gmail fetches my comcast mail every 10 minutes and pushes to my phone.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey guys has anyone noticed when u delete an email through the mail app it deletes off of Comcast.net too? It always does with me and I have delete off server unchecked too.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2010, 03:11 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
Hey guys has anyone noticed when u delete an email through the mail app it deletes off of Comcast.net too? It always does with me and I have delete off server unchecked too.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
well that's interesting because i can't get it to delete off the server even when that's what i'm trying to do
Old 07-01-2010, 02:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dfine1966 is just getting started

I saw this thread and was trying to figure out the delete mail off server question. I don't want to delete mail off the server, so I unchecked the delete mail off server button. I just checked it out. The setting for not to delete from server, if checked, once you send your mail to trash it deletes it from the server. But, if you uncheck the delete mail from server, then , if you send it to trash it won't delete it from server.

But this is when it gets weird. If you then go to the trash folder and then delete the mail from the trash folder, it then deletes it off the server. Why would you check not to delete from server and then when you do delete it it still deletes off server. Can anyone else confirm that Android mail is suppose to do it this way. Is this normal that you don't empty the trash folder and just leave it be? Or should you wait to get all your email on your computer before you delete the trash folder?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G