PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 09:32 AM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Improve Battery Perfomance on HTC EVO 4G from Sprint

As an update to the original post. These a few things that need to be noticed on a reboot.

Fring - Automatically Starts on Reboot
Gmail Talk - Automatically Starts On Reboot
Opera and using google search Homepage - Starts GPS to set your location
Sprint Zone - Once started Leaves a Task Running in the Background
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

or you can download atk and set it to medium risk
Old 06-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

I already knew all of this stuff and have done it since day one. I get between 12-14 hours on a single charge with moderate use.

[My definition of moderate is using a cell phone for things that you want to do and not just messing around. This includes me throughout the day texting, surfing the web, facebook, calls, taking pictures, and playing games]

People! Learn to treat your device right and it will return the favor. Do you expect a phone with this many radios and features to last three days? Get real please!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

stparker38 is a n00b

Overnight my battery life goes unchanged...so if its fully charged, its still fully charged in the morning. In the day I usually get around 10 hrs of use...mostly playing mRacing or using Friend Stream to read and update Facebook status... I may look at my pics or do some texting....and this is with 4g on (I live in a 4g area). I have a custom Rom. Today, however, I drained out after 5hrs. I turned off 4g. I run a task killer and I didn't run anything else more than usual. I try not to continuously place my phone on charger. I like to run it charged to near dead before charging. I had to put on car charger several times today and it didn't seem to charge up as quickly. I'm going to try the Bugless Rom and see if that makes it better. Any other suggestions outside the ones named will be greatly appreciate. The ones listed already are great too and thanks to all for them!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Marvsway is a n00b

Hey GoodThings2Life, I used our Cleanup on my TP2 and it was amazing! Now that I've gotten an Evo, I was hesitant to Root my phone since I don't want to mess it up. Any chance you'll post a step by step like you did for the TP2? (I want to Root, but I also have to choose a ROM... decisions decisions)
Old 06-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo

emfreakz is just getting started
battery life save - anyone do this? downsides?

Have you guys done the below? any downsides? does it really help with battery life?

suggestion:
press HOME, and bring up the dialer. Dial *#*#4636#*#* (Do not press "Call"). After a second, it should bring up the "Testing" menu.

Go into Phone Information, press MENU, and tap "select radio band." You should experience a Force Close, don't panic, this was supposed to happen. Scrolling down shows that the preferred network type is GSM auto (prl).

What this means is that even though you are connected to a CDMA network, your phone is trying to find a GSM network, preventing the radio from sleeping, and causing excessive battery drain.

Remedy this by tapping GSM auto (prl), and changing it to CDMA auto (prl).

Now your done, your TWS should drop dramatically, and you should experience much better battery life!"
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: battery life save - anyone do this? downsides?

I posted this in the Inc forum. It GREATLY improved my battery as mine was set to GSM. Its worth a try folks. If it doesn't work, you can always switch back

Also, you should give credit to whomever originally wrote that.

Don't click me
Old 06-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo

emfreakz is just getting started

it was Aehs01 in android forums. i did this and it was already set to CDMA auto (prl). did the PRL update that was just released maybe do this? because i hadn't changed it beforehand. i wonder if htc did the update to save the battery life.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Check it and see mine was already set.. I guess it will help if its set to GSM. My battery is equal or greater than my TP2 I get about 12 - 14 hours with normal use. It will go even longer if I don't touch it.

Droidrox39
Old 06-25-2010, 09:05 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

lol how ironic is it that as long as i've had my phone... it took me being bored at work to actually try this only to find out that my phone was actually set to gsm. WOW... interested to see if I notice any batter life changes...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G