PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you agree?
Hell Yes 1 1.82%
Would be nice 3 5.45%
See your point 2 3.64%
Never Had call recoding don't know what I'm missing 2 3.64%
I'm an Idiot who thinks call recording is illegal 3 5.45%
No, I could care less. 45 81.82%
Have Coz Close this Thread 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

absolutejdx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Sick of this BS

Tired of this I'm still stuck in my 755p (great phone for its day) until someone offers a phone with a call recording App that actually works! This phone would be perfect if it had call recording. I know I'm not the only one who needs call recording. The worst part is other countries have it they are only blocking it in the US.

GO TO AS MANY SITES AS YOU CAN WHICH ALLOW YOU TO REVIEW THE HTC EVO AND RATE IT ONLY 1 STAR, GIVING ONLY THE REASON "DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO RECORD PHONE CALLS"

I know it sucks creating tons of user accounts but maybe if enough of us can make a dent in the ratings they will listen here are some places to start:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/192286/sprints_htc_evo_4g_5_killer_features.html

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/htc-evo-4g-black/4505-6452_7-34026334.html?tag=mncol;lst;1

http://www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=18640&red=y#comments

http://shop.sprint.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/DisplayPhones?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Phones#

http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/29/htc-evo-4g/#idc-container

http://www.611connect.com/phone/htc-evo-4g-reviews

http://www.cellphones.ca/cell-phones/htc-evo-4g/reviews/

http://www.htcphones.net/sprint-htc-evo-4g-officially-available-priced-199/

http://www1.epinions.com/reviews/HTC_EVO_4G_Smartphone

Feel free to post up more places where reviews can be written or ratings can be submitted
Old 06-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown
Re: Sick of this BS

wow @ a first post.. thanks but no thanks.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nice poll, idiot. Not a single choice to go against your point. What if I simply do not care about call recording? I do not think it's illegal, so last point does not apply. And I had it on other phones, so 4th point does not apply.

Care to revise your poll?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

First off, it's not the EVO's, Sprints, HTC's, etc. fault that it can't record phone calls. That would fall under the developer or software makers. Second, it is illegal to record both sides of a conversation in the U.S. without permission of the other party to do so. So most developers code just to record YOUR side of the conversation. Third, blasting the EVO because of this is childish at best when it's clearly not thier fault.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What a troll... In b 4 the lock.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

absolutejdx is a n00b

It is not illegal to record both sides of the conversation, it is called 1 party consent look it up and most states are 1 party consent states very few are 2 party consent. Plus a federal law overrules both stating that phone calls may be recorded during the normal course of business. 2nd it is blocked by firmware in HTC has nothing to do with separate developers many companies and individuals are out there trying to make it happen even editing the registry on some phones to make it possible.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

hoothrewpoo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
First off, it's not the EVO's, Sprints, HTC's, etc. fault that it can't record phone calls. That would fall under the developer or software makers. Second, it is illegal to record both sides of a conversation in the U.S. without permission of the other party to do so. So most developers code just to record YOUR side of the conversation. Third, blasting the EVO because of this is childish at best when it's clearly not thier fault.
it's actuallt not US law, but rather State law. Several states (including mine) allow the recording of a two party conversation as long as one party knows the call is being recorded. No statement of doing so is required to notify the second party. It is illegal however to record a two party telephone conversation if neither party knows.

I'm a fan of call recording, especially when dealing with Sprint, or clients that are prone to mis-remember conversations... which my Touch Pro 2 did flawlessly. Last I checked, the TP2 was newer than the Palm 755.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

absolutejdx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
Nice poll, idiot. Not a single choice to go against your point. What if I simply do not care about call recording? I do not think it's illegal, so last point does not apply. And I had it on other phones, so 4th point does not apply.

Care to revise your poll?
Too late no option to edit poll sorry but you don't have to take it anyway.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

someone wants to do some illegal wiretapping.

sweet
Old 06-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutejdx View Post
It is not illegal to record both sides of the conversation, it is called 1 party consent look it up and most states are 1 party consent states very few are 2 party consent. Plus a federal law overrules both stating that phone calls may be recorded during the normal course of business. 2nd it is blocked by firmware in HTC has nothing to do with separate developers many companies and individuals are out there trying to make it happen even editing the registry on some phones to make it possible.
12 of the 50 states are two party required. That's almost 25% of the states. I'm sure many manufacturers don't want to touch this for this reason. Also considering one of those states is California, alot of manufacturers probably don't want to touch this.

EDIT: While I see the validity for your need, I do not appreciate the way you assume that those of us who do not need this are idiots, or that we don't know the law. Also I don't see why downranking an entire phone for one small issue is a good idea. That would be like taking a baseball teams win away because they got all their runs from in field hits and didn't hit one home run all game.

Last edited by Donatom3; 06-14-2010 at 02:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G