PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you agree?
Hell Yes 1 1.82%
Would be nice 3 5.45%
See your point 2 3.64%
Never Had call recoding don't know what I'm missing 2 3.64%
I'm an Idiot who thinks call recording is illegal 3 5.45%
No, I could care less. 45 81.82%
Have Coz Close this Thread 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

absolutejdx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sick of this BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Well, it's all fine and dandy that this issue is a big deal for you. Maybe the EVO is not for you. But bashing the EVO and people who could careless about it is not the way to go.
Understood but the problem is it's not just the EVO it's all the new phones. So why the EVO? Simple the EVO is the hottest phone running Android right? Google is out there claiming android is the most open platform. Literally stating that developers have access to whatever they need. Well apparently not.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Then maybe it goes beyond phones, carriers, and manufacturers. Did you think that maybe the FCC has something to do with it? And if they do, your gripe would be with them, not google or anyone else.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

absolutejdx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Then maybe it goes beyond phones, carriers, and manufacturers. Did you think that maybe the FCC has something to do with it? And if they do, your gripe would be with them, not google or anyone else.
Dunno,
Old 06-14-2010, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

AS329 is just getting started

As someone who takes recorded statements for a living (and for court use), I could care less. It would be "nice", but I'm not ditching a kick ass phone like this over recording. Just like I didn't ditch the Treo Pro, 800w, etc....
Old 06-14-2010, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul(RIP), Pro2, evo4
Carrier: sprint

hidaya is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to hidaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoothrewpoo View Post
it's actuallt not US law, but rather State law. Several states (including mine) allow the recording of a two party conversation as long as one party knows the call is being recorded. No statement of doing so is required to notify the second party. It is illegal however to record a two party telephone conversation if neither party knows.

I'm a fan of call recording, especially when dealing with Sprint, or clients that are prone to mis-remember conversations... which my Touch Pro 2 did flawlessly. Last I checked, the TP2 was newer than the Palm 755.
really i can do this w/the tp2 ooh now i must discover how yaye!

as for the topic i think its a great option to offer considering sometimes its needed. i wish i has known i could have recorded some conversations i had in the past few month!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor

get a google voice account, and then tap i think 4 after u answer the call, problem solved... AND, it's all stored on a server, no need for storage space...Android has great integration with google services including google voice.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OK say the law in only 1 State says both parties must consent? Do you make a special phone or software package just for that State? But it is more than that right? Several States say BOTH parties MUST consent. Not only that as it stands now with no long distance fees people call all over the country SO YOU MUST MAKE ALLOWANCES! SO you err on the side of caution and you can't be sued! That is why the cell phone companies and manufacturers would be reluctant to put such an app on the phone! Android is open source make your own or have it done!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

absolutejdx is a n00b

For all of you don’t care and never had call recording on your phone think of all the times you:

- Needed to write something down while you’re on your phone.

- Got the shaft from some customer service rep that was having a bad day.

- Got the shaft from a salesman who told you what you wanted to hear but it just didn’t work out that way.

- Forgot the directions, address, phone number, or anything else that someone told you over the phone.

- Made an apt. but the other party didn’t show causing a debacle then tried to blame you stating “we said 3pm on Wed not Tue.”

- Had a customer take advantage of your services or try to get free things stating you had promised those things.

- Had such a crazy day you can’t even remember what you to do by tomorrow. Reviewing your calls at the end of the day is an excellent way to avoid loose ends.

- Called to stop an automatic credit card payment or any other services from a company you no longer needed but it didn’t happen.

- Not that I condone talking on the cell phone while driving but again very helpful over writing things down.

All of you can benefit from some of these things but for small business owners like me they are amazing tools in your arsenal. You have no Idea how satisfying it is when you are having an issue with a company and you reach that deadlock where they say something to the effect:

“I’m sorry sir but we just don’t show that”
And you say:
“I can e-mail you the conversation if you like?”
There next sentence is always:
“let me go over this with my supervisor and see what we can do.”
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can see your point but I can also see a major carrier for the US not wanting to get in the middle of conflicting State laws. So try some of the methods already mentioned like Google voice.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

absolutejdx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmithsr View Post
OK say the law in only 1 State says both parties must consent? Do you make a special phone or software package just for that State? But it is more than that right? Several States say BOTH parties MUST consent. Not only that as it stands now with no long distance fees people call all over the country SO YOU MUST MAKE ALLOWANCES! SO you err on the side of caution and you can't be sued! That is why the cell phone companies and manufacturers would be reluctant to put such an app on the phone! Android is open source make your own or have it done!
OK and one more time on the legal issue: Disclaimer at the start of every call. Done no more legal issue in any state at all anywhere. Tons and Tons of very large companies do this all the time. I'm sure you've heard it.

And one more time on the issue: it is in the firmware. The apps. can't get around it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G