PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

billyman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issue w/ animated GIFs in web browser...

There's a local news weather radar site I use regularly that my Evo doesn't seem to support the animated radar loop. Please go to these sites and tell me if you experience the same results:
http://mobile.newschannel5.com/wap/w...s=10&showids=1

On my Evo these images are not animated, they are static. I figured it was just the native browser so I installed Skyfire, but that browser doesn't show the animation either. It makes no sense that these most anvanced browsers can't display these maps. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this??
Old 06-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Issue w/ animated GIFs in web browser...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyman View Post
There's a local news weather radar site I use regularly that my Evo doesn't seem to support the animated radar loop. Please go to these sites and tell me if you experience the same results:

On my Evo these images are not animated, they are static. I figured it was just the native browser so I installed Skyfire, but that browser doesn't show the animation either. It makes no sense that these most anvanced browsers can't display these maps. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this??
download the weather channel app from the marketplace.. its free and will show weather based on location with animated radar
Old 06-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

unlnvlslble is a n00b

I'm having the same problem. I tried in the default browser as well as dolphin and they are both static images. It worked fine on my TP2.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

billyman is becoming a great contributor

CaptBlaze, thanks for the 411 on the app. I will give it a whirl, but I still don't understand why the Evo would not be able to display such images. Makes no sense what-so-ever. I did a google search for animated pics and it appears my Evo doesn't show any animation. WTF is up w/ that? Latest technology? Really? Aparently not in all aspects.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
CaptBlaze, thanks for the 411 on the app. I will give it a whirl, but I still don't understand why the Evo would not be able to display such images. Makes no sense what-so-ever. I did a google search for animated pics and it appears my Evo doesn't show any animation. WTF is up w/ that? Latest technology? Really? Aparently not in all aspects.
the hardware is more than capable, it is something to do with the o/s... lets hope the rumors about an OTA frozen yogurt treat at the end of the month are true!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I'm running froyo and I see everything. My froyo has broken camera, so if you need camera you can't run this rom.
Google is the next skynet
Old 06-14-2010, 02:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

deboy69 is a n00b

Ya man I am right there with you on the local animated weather from my news channel. I was really disappointed when it didnt work. I also tried dolphin hd, opera and stock with nothing. Maybe skyfire will do something.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Remember, 2.1(Stock EVO OS) does not have FULL flash(flash LITE to be exact), only Froyo(like p-slim mentioned) has FULL flash support. On xda there is a flash apk from froyo that they say works but I haven't tried it, so I can't say for sure

Old 06-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

What's up fellow nashvilian? Try this radar site... http://mobile.wunderground.com/auto/...ture=zoomradar. And http://wtvf.images.worldnow.com/imag...dar/SRIII.html much better radars for middle TM

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G