PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76
Re: EVo reception in gereral

This is awesome to hear. I'm still kinda puzzled about how the radio in the Rumor gets better signal than my TP or Tp2. I would think a higher end phone would have a better radio. Unless they turn down the power some how to save battery. I'm really looking forward to getting the Evo. Now the question is do I pay 499 to get it now, or wait 3 months to save 200 dollars. Oh the pain!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 07:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work

i had a poor signal with my EVO, dumped it and went back to my tp2 and had a great signal in NYC. My friend has a Pre that had full signal while i stood there with my EVO with barely a bar and watching my battery drain in less than 2 hrs.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

SunnyGeek is just getting started

It is an improvement from my Palm Pre. I was able to get Sprint to let me upgrade earlier due to me calling about the reception issue on my Pre. I still get dropped calls but a lot less and few areas where my phone would consistently drop a call no longer happens. Now I am interested in that force roam option...
Old 07-15-2010, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
This is awesome to hear. I'm still kinda puzzled about how the radio in the Rumor gets better signal than my TP or Tp2. I would think a higher end phone would have a better radio. Unless they turn down the power some how to save battery. I'm really looking forward to getting the Evo. Now the question is do I pay 499 to get it now, or wait 3 months to save 200 dollars. Oh the pain!!!!!!!!!

Wait the 3 months, I am sure you will have more options by then too. IMHO

-CC

EDIT: Try holding the phone in your other hand..
Old 07-15-2010, 11:17 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

About the same as my TP1 & 2

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

m3xicanprid3 is just getting started

i had tp2 now i have evo n the reception is better on the evo. places where the touch pro had pooor reception on my evo no problema so yea i gotta say that the evo is bbettter on the reception ... im on stock room. not rooted
Old 08-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Thanks a million guys. Now that there is more Evo's out there, is anyone else seeing better reception with the Evo over the TP2?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My 3g has been fantastic with the EVO. A definite improvement from my TP2. I pretty much stay at full bars on 3g. 4G however sucks balls. I cant get a 4g signal indoors at all really. I have to be outside and standing still as the 4g doesnt switch towers as quickly as 3g. Driving in a car, my apps will stall when the 4g has to switch towers. Sometimes they recover, sometimes they dont. It doesnt even matter because my 3g is so darn good.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I would say the opposite, I have slightly worse reception on my evo than my tp2 but better than my tp1 but I also have an 002 evo
Old 08-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

There is a hill on my way to work that I always lost calls on with my tp2 and tp1. With my Evo I havnt lost a call once on that hill. Id say its just a tad better at picking up a signal not leaps and bounds but obviously enough to keep you from loosing a call in some area's you lost calls in before.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G