PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

Deathsicle is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will the same thing happen?

As usual as i was logging on to check out the forums section, i accidentally clicked on the Nexus 1 forum. I noticed the threads arent as active as they used to be. You would think that Nexus 1 owners would have more to talk about since they are able to cook newer things up since they have Froyo. Did people move on to other Android phones like the Evo, or maybe there system is just so stable that they dont need to do any other modding? Id like to think that more people moved to the Evo from Nexus 1 and thats why there threads have nearly halted.

Now this leads to my main concern, undoubtedly the Evo is currently the baddest motha jamma out there and the forums are as active as a sexualy charged teenager, will the Evo forums slow down like the Nexus 1 forum did if a Newer and better Android phone comes out? At the moment ive just rooted the phone thanks to FastRX8 easy directions of toastchf method, and flawlessly launched OMJ's cutom rom (which totally rocks).
This is just a great phone, and i just dont want to see it lose thread support in the next year or so.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Will the same thing happen?

short answer is yes.

It wont happen for a while, I had my Diamond for nearly two years and that forum was active up until about two or three months ago. The evo forum will slow down but not for a while.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathsicle View Post
As usual as i was logging on to check out the forums section, i accidentally clicked on the Nexus 1 forum. I noticed the threads arent as active as they used to be. You would think that Nexus 1 owners would have more to talk about since they are able to cook newer things up since they have Froyo. Did people move on to other Android phones like the Evo, or maybe there system is just so stable that they dont need to do any other modding? Id like to think that more people moved to the Evo from Nexus 1 and thats why there threads have nearly halted.

Now this leads to my main concern, undoubtedly the Evo is currently the baddest motha jamma out there and the forums are as active as a sexualy charged teenager, will the Evo forums slow down like the Nexus 1 forum did if a Newer and better Android phone comes out? At the moment ive just rooted the phone thanks to FastRX8 easy directions of toastchf method, and flawlessly launched OMJ's cutom rom (which totally rocks).
This is just a great phone, and i just dont want to see it lose thread support in the next year or so.
Nexus didn't lose support at all, actually of all the Android phones, nexus probably has the best chefs, most tweaks and most support, just not on this forum. nobody knows how long this or any forum will last in terms of posting but the evo will be supported for a very long time. Even myself i have been spending the majority of my time on xda and check this forum when i get around to it, other things are factoring into that as well that i would rather not get into. omjs rom is nice but over at xda they have roms piling up not to mention i'm currently running froyo BUT camera doesn't work and you can't send mms. if those things don't bother you, you could be running froyo as well but that rom is not on this forum. This is just one example. here check it out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=653
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 06-13-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

nexus one forum is dead because this is a cdma site... it seems 90% (maybe more?) of users here are on sprint/verizon. nexus one is gsm and only available for tmobile and att. Chck out xda and i bet the nexus one forum is still flourishing.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

sweet, thats great info P-slim, thx
Old 06-13-2010, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
nexus one forum is dead because this is a cdma site... it seems 90% (maybe more?) of users here are on sprint/verizon. nexus one is gsm and only available for tmobile and att. Chck out xda and i bet the nexus one forum is still flourishing.

ahhh ya got a point there, TBH ive really been bias to go on this site since its the one ive been using since my ppc6700 days. I should start looking at xda once in awhile, its just cant they use a different background color on the there forums other than the yellowish-manilla color lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G