PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How is the screen on your Evo?
Perfectly fine 58 47.54%
Starting to rise up a little on the bottom 63 51.64%
Peeling completely away 1 0.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen May Be Coming Off

Quote:
Holy crap....

Thanks for pointing this out guys. I noticed mine is ever so slightly (fraction of a mm) raised all the way across and light leaks from all 4 buttons. If I push it down, the light leak goes away. Damn, and here I thought I had a perfect phone. What should I ever do? Should I call my congressman? BP?

Seriously though, nothing is perfect. You can't even buy a 30,000 dollar car without some type of flaw. My phone works great with great batt life. Until it actually hinders my usage (or flat out peels away) I will continue to use it. I have insurance on it so when and if that ever happenes, I will get it replaced.
Mines the same way, I was wondering why the light was leaking. guess I know now. Also, about the taking pictures of the problem. At the moment mine has only lifted a fraction of a mm, so it would be hard to see in a picture but I could try. I'm not too worried about it anymore. If it starts to lift more though then I will defiantly be seeing about getting a replacement. Guess only time will tell.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster94 View Post
Mines the same way, I was wondering why the light was leaking. guess I know now. Also, about the taking pictures of the problem. At the moment mine has only lifted a fraction of a mm, so it would be hard to see in a picture but I could try. I'm not too worried about it anymore. If it starts to lift more though then I will defiantly be seeing about getting a replacement. Guess only time will tell.

Yeah, I tried already with my digital cam to take a pic of it but you can't tell.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Quote:
Mines the same way, I was wondering why the light was leaking. guess I know now. Also, about the taking pictures of the problem. At the moment mine ha
Yeah, I tried already with my digital cam to take a pic of it but you can't tell.
I'm not surprised. I'm just paranoid that its going to get worse, but as long as it doesn't then I'm happy.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My TP has a raised d-pad. It's been the same since day one and never got any worse. I would expect that as long as you/I/anyone doesn't pull on it or mess with it much, it shouldn't get any worse. But if it does, then I will return it. But in the state my EVO is in at this moment, I'm not going to worry about it!
Old 06-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Looks like this may be a wide spread issue, great.

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/06/13...ss-issues.html
Old 06-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I noticed some other blogs reporting on this and also saw this thread, so I posted it on our front page too:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2010/06/13/s...en-separation/

Be sure to check your hardware revision and report on that too since there seems to be 2 revisions floating around...I'm wondering if this is effecting both.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I have revision 2, for what its worth.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

es101346 is keeping up the good workes101346 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to es101346

No issues here yet, but we do all have the 30 day guarantee right? If within the next 2 weeks i start seeing issues, I'll return the evo and go back to my tp2 until the next shipment of these comes out with fixes.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by es101346 View Post
No issues here yet, but we do all have the 30 day guarantee right? If within the next 2 weeks i start seeing issues, I'll return the evo and go back to my tp2 until the next shipment of these comes out with fixes.
Im assuming that the 30 day guarantee is only good if you used a rebate to extend your contract, right? So if I was one of the people who bought theirs on Ebay since they had to pay full price anyway, then I may be screwed? Don't have insurance, so lets hope this doesn't get worse.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

liemydude is becoming a great contributor

mine had the same problem... i just pushed down really hard on all the edges and it went away =)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G