PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC EVO Battery Drain Signal Fix

EDIT: Only take the time with this if you are experiencing crap for battery life, as it seems that many people already have their preferred network set to CDMA auto (PRL) Seems there a select set of phones that came with GSM set as the preferred network, so don't be surprised if yours is not.

This seems to only be a problem with some of the initial EVO's that shipped, and it was possibly fixed by Sprint OTA, but I cannot confirm that.

Download a marketplace app called Network.

Look to see what your preferred network type is. If it is CDMA auto (PRL) hit the home key and uninstall the app, as it not needed anymore.

I found that on my phone, my Preferred Newwork was set to GSM auto (PRL) so the phone was looking for GSM first, which completely drained my battery in less than 4 to 6 hours.

If you find it set wrong, ONLY change that Preferred Network setting to CDMA auto (PRL) and hit the home key to exit. Don't mess with anything else.

I suggest a reboot, then run the network program again to verify that the setting took.

You should then be able to uninstall the program. Even after a hardreset I did, the setting stayed, so that is why I am thinking Sprint did something OTA, but am not sure.

Sidebar:

My personal opinion, stayaway form Task Killers! They should not be needed with this phone. If you have installed a program that was not made well, and does not close properly etc., that is one exception to having a Task Manager to manually kill things, but I urge everyone to NOT do any autokill configuration if you want to be a happy EVO user.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!

Last edited by toddpedersen; 06-14-2010 at 11:49 AM.
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:54 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: HTC EVO Battery Drain Signal Fix

Mine was CDMA auto (PRL)

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:58 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Mine was CDMA Auto as well. I still have poor battery life. What now? lol
Old 06-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

It depends on what you have running and installed.

Many people are finding a huge killer to be the Talk app. I don't use it, I think it is a google messenger app. Once you sign up for Marketplace, the Talk app signs you into the app automatically, so it is like having the old WM Messenger app open and runnning in the background all the time,

Go into the Talk App and hit menu, then go to settings and tell it to log you off and to not automatically sign you in.

There is also talk about Flickr accounts being bad.

You need to also removed any widgets that keep you connected to Facebook or Friend Stream etc.

Here is another forum link that goes in depth:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/...-bad-ugly.html

There is a Sedio 3500maH battery coming out sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Mine was CDMA Auto as well. I still have poor battery life. What now? lol
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Mine was CDMA auto (PRL) as well.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I dont use none of that taptalk or flikr sh!t n my battery blows the ships captain .. my setting is cdma auto as well
Old 06-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Mine was gsm... go figure. Lol.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:42 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
It depends on what you have running and installed.

Many people are finding a huge killer to be the Talk app. I don't use it, I think it is a google messenger app. Once you sign up for Marketplace, the Talk app signs you into the app automatically, so it is like having the old WM Messenger app open and runnning in the background all the time,

Go into the Talk App and hit menu, then go to settings and tell it to log you off and to not automatically sign you in.

There is also talk about Flickr accounts being bad.

You need to also removed any widgets that keep you connected to Facebook or Friend Stream etc.

Here is another forum link that goes in depth:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/...-bad-ugly.html

There is a Sedio 3500maH battery coming out sometime!
I was joking, but nice info. I've already done these things but should be helpful for others.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Also to settings acc & sync, if you have Facebook HTC Sense tap on it and uncheck Sync Live feed. I noticed that my phone was syncing all the time and my sync settings are set to every 4 hours. After that I have noticed some improvement.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I disabled all auto syncs, google stuff set to manual sync, weather to 3 or 4 hours (I forget). Lasting me nicely, even with all the goofing around.

-CC

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G