PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO Battery Drain Signal Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Mine was gsm... go figure. Lol.
lol. Its ok, mine was set to GSM aswell. Too soon to tell whether or not this is going to help my battery life but since it was looking for a GSM network then I guess it certainly can't hurt. I don't understand why a phone that is capable of CDMA only would be preset to look for GSM networks, must have been an Android setting that someone overlooked. Or maybe Sprint is just confused about what type of network they have?
Old 06-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

johnnychimpo is just getting started
Re: Another battery life trick!!

Yes, the network app is the same thing. Thats fine, just continue with the procedures. it will force close a process and then you will see gsm. switch it back to cdma. All good now.

My phone said cdma auto prl when you first open the network app. . dont stop there when you see this.

phone at 87% now with just being on standby. Phone has been off charger since 630am

Last edited by johnnychimpo; 06-12-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

For those of you that have phones already saying CDMA, I would still follow the steps. There are lots of people reporting that when you tap on where it says CDMA it actually shows up as GSM.

I really am thinking this is the real deal. I too would normally have my phone drop to like 86% about 10 minutes after taking off of charge. My phone has been off of the charger for a little over 5 hours and my charge is still at 83%. So far so good

Last edited by cmdauria; 06-12-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnychimpo View Post
Yes, the network app is the same thing. Thats fine, just continue with the procedures. it will force close a process and then you will see gsm. switch it back to cdma. All good now.

My phone said cdma auto prl when you first open the network app. . dont stop there when you see this.

phone at 87% now with just being on standby. Phone has been off charger since 630am
eh, i haven't changed anything and i'm at 2 hours 15 mins standby and my battery still has all green bars under battery settings. i think it'll still be at 90% by the time the 6hr mark comes through.

I was in the last 10% before going to sleep last night (kept getting low battery warnings) and when i woke up this morning after 7 hours of sleep my phone was still on. i was surprised that it didn't power down during that time.

I installed network and it says i have cdma auto (and i have not changed anything).
Old 06-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
eh, i haven't changed anything and i'm at 2 hours 15 mins standby and my battery still has all green bars under battery settings. i think it'll still be at 90% by the time the 6hr mark comes through.

I was in the last 10% before going to sleep last night (kept getting low battery warnings) and when i woke up this morning after 7 hours of sleep my phone was still on. i was surprised that it didn't power down during that time.

I installed network and it says i have cdma auto (and i have not changed anything).
Tap on CDMA and see what it says on the next screen. It may say GSM!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If it is really on gsm even though it says cdma then why is my time with out a signal at 0-3%
Old 06-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
If it is really on gsm even though it says cdma then why is my time with out a signal at 0-3%
That is not always the case...It is worth checking though!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdauria View Post
Tap on CDMA and see what it says on the next screen. It may say GSM!
why should i check or even mess with it? i'm getting the same standby times and battery drain results as u guys who say u have to change it anyway. if it aint broke don't fix it?
Old 06-12-2010, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G 3D
Carrier: sprint

sec1rxg is becoming a great contributor

I tryed the trick, mine was on GSM and changed to CDMA. Just for kicks i rebooted the phone to see if the change stuck, it did stay on CDMA when i checked it again. thanks
Old 06-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Thanks Ill try it out

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G