PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Give me back arrow keys on keyboard!

So, I've been trying new keyboards, and after Swype, Droid X, I still think that HTC's keyboard is the best. Problem is, most ROMs remove the arrows from keyboard.

Now, I type in a lot of technical terms, and sometimes foreign words by using English alphabet. I do not want to add them to the dictionary every time. Before it was easy, on a suggestion bar, just tap left arrow and that's it. Now those arrows are gone.

Is there a good way of bringing them back? Or is there Desire HD keyboard floating around? That seemed the best for me, just ROM was very unstable.

I really would like to avoid doing NAND restore to the ROM that had proper keyboard...
Old 10-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

wilspringer is a n00b
Re: Give me back arrow keys on keyboard!

I also had Driod X , I prefer the Evo4G and really like arrows on keyboard for moving around and editing text.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Nexus S 4G

GuyWithNoLife is becoming a great contributor
Re: Give me back arrow keys on keyboard!

Using Swype, you can access the arrows and some other commands by swyping from the Swype key to the SYM button. I know this isn't as convenient as already having the arrows on the screen ready to press, but it does come in handy.

Other buttons on this page: 'Select All' 'Cursor Jump' 'Page Up' 'Page Down' 'Home' 'End' 'Select Text' 'Cut' 'Copy' 'Paste' 'Tab (arrow to a line), Backspace, Delete (like your keyboard, deletes letter in front of cursor), and delete word.

If you Swype from the Swype key to the number 5 (well, long-press it's 5, really the letter F), it opens up a numeric keypad with some symbols that's a bit easier to use than the SYM key for typing numbers.

Again, it's not a fix for having the arrows up all the time (which would be nice) but the option is there when you need it.

Sprint Nexus S 4G

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G