PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Where is the Damn update.zip?

Last edited by fr0st; 06-10-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Auto Recovery Mode available - No PC needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkApe View Post
hmmm...wont work for me. just goes to the red exclamation point and not into recovery.

do you have to go into rom manager each time in order for it to boot into recovery?

edit:
i ended up following this and was able to do it
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=699043
Good point - That works if you decide to go into recovery and you don't want to open the program again. I'll add that to the instructions.

FYI - If you open Rom manager again and repeat steps 4-7 it also works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
On the phone
Old 06-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkApe View Post
hmmm...wont work for me. just goes to the red exclamation point and not into recovery.

do you have to go into rom manager each time in order for it to boot into recovery?

edit:
i ended up following this and was able to do it
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=699043
Good point - That works if you decide to go into recovery and you don't want to open the program again. I'll add that to the instructions.

FYI - If you open Rom manager again and repeat steps 4-7 it also works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
On the phone
Where on the phone? The xda link says there is a download link but there isn't one.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Nevermind I renamed the manual install .zip to update.zip and it worked now.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:28 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
What's a nandroid?
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Nandroid_backup

maybe someone can elaborate.....the wiki says it makes a FULL system backup....so if I'm wanting to restore my email accounts, settings, wallpaper, scene, ringtones, etc.....would a nandroid backup be what I want?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

maybe someone can elaborate.....the wiki says it makes a FULL system backup....so if I'm wanting to restore my email accounts, settings, wallpaper, scene, ringtones, etc.....would a nandroid backup be what I want?
Pretty sure this makes completely full backups... so yes, you would want this nandroid.

It takes a few minutes to complete the backup.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

I actually did the Root, Recovery and Flashed OMJ's (thanks again OMJ)Rom all without a computer. Took just a little buy longer but had no issues.thanks op.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Pretty sure this makes completely full backups... so yes, you would want this nandroid.

It takes a few minutes to complete the backup.
Ok, so now the next/obvious question...

I install OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair v1.2 and do a nandroid backup in the recovery screen afterwards.

Tomorrow, there is new version of the rom OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair v1.3, with some tweaks that I like so I decide to flash that rom.

Could I then go into recovery and restore my Nandroid backup to get all my stuff setup again? (i.e. wallpaper/email accounts/shortcuts/widgets)

Or, does this just work if I decide to re-flash OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair v1.2 which is what the backup was for?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Ok, so now the next/obvious question...

I install OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair v1.2 and do a nandroid backup in the recovery screen afterwards.

Tomorrow, there is new version of the rom OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair v1.3, with some tweaks that I like so I decide to flash that rom.

Could I then go into recovery and restore my Nandroid backup to get all my stuff setup again? (i.e. wallpaper/email accounts/shortcuts/widgets)

Or, does this just work if I decide to re-flash OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair v1.2 which is what the backup was for?
If the newer rom has updated apps or removed apps, your nandroid that has older versions or the apps that were removed..and it will put them back...

So restoring a nandroid wouldn't be a good idea...since it has EVERYTHING!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro

Merckle is a n00b

Ok I have tried this several times, and I can seem to get it to work. Everyone time I do it everything seems to be going good then I get to reboot recovery

it restarts and then as its going to the recovery rom, I get a phone and a red ?

Plz some assits plz

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G