PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sinman02 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rebate after 7/24/10

I'm not eligible for the $150 discount until 8/1/10. I read on Sprint's website that the mail in rebate must be submitted by 7/24/10. Does this mean that the best price I can get on 8/1 is $299.99 on August 1st (without adding a line)? Does anyone any insight? Thanks.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work
Re: Rebate after 7/24/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinman02 View Post
I'm not eligible for the $150 discount until 8/1/10. I read on Sprint's website that the mail in rebate must be submitted by 7/24/10. Does this mean that the best price I can get on 8/1 is $299.99 on August 1st (without adding a line)? Does anyone any insight? Thanks.
or you could just get at sams club, the shack or bb for 199. plus why would you want to go through the rebates with sprint??
Old 06-09-2010, 03:26 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

im not %100 but Sprint usually does another one after that one expires.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

sinman02 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
or you could just get at sams club, the shack or bb for 199. plus why would you want to go through the rebates with sprint??

Because my contract doesn't expire until October, and I don't want to add another line, plus I get a 20% monthly corporate discount.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Sprint puts an expiration date on these rebates to cover themselves in case they have to change the terms. There is a 99% chance that once that one expires there is one to replace it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Well the Price of the phone won't change, still $449 before rebates and discounts...but 449-150-100Rebate = $199...I highly doubt Sprint would raise the price from $199, if they do...well then...Shit is going to fly....but I really feel they won't, they will either drop it in price, or keep it the same as now.

The rebate experation is to keep those people that bought the phone already in line to send in the rebate by a desinated date..that way they don't have months more than everyone else...just like the Primier discount is set to expire, but it just starts over..

We should be ok, Im stuck with the same day as the guy that posted this thread, August 1st is my Premier upgrade date to get the Evo...
Old 06-09-2010, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dancrosoft is a n00b

Call sprint and tell them nicely that you would like to upgrade and that you would like to know if that can make your 150 available now. I talked to a rep a few months ago and they hit a button and made my rebate available like 2 months before my contract date. More than likely they will do it for you.

Also if you are not on SERO or EPRP and are on a consumer than, your next step will be retentions. You will definitely get something done there.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancrosoft View Post
Call sprint and tell them nicely that you would like to upgrade and that you would like to know if that can make your 150 available now. I talked to a rep a few months ago and they hit a button and made my rebate available like 2 months before my contract date. More than likely they will do it for you.

Also if you are not on SERO or EPRP and are on a consumer than, your next step will be retentions. You will definitely get something done there.
Multiple people have tried this...and failed...Since the Evo launch Sprint has denied anyone asking for their Premier upgrade date to be moved up...now I believe they will allow the bump up date if your near your contract end date, due to the fact they might lose your business...and you know they don't want that to happen, but if your only at one year...they still have another year to getcha on.

I guess it's worth a try, but from what I've seen in the forums alot of people have gotten shot down when they asked.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dancrosoft is a n00b

Well OP said his date is 8/1/10. I would think that is pretty close and they would let him slide...
Old 06-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancrosoft View Post
Well OP said his date is 8/1/10. I would think that is pretty close and they would let him slide...
Yeah, but what date is that for? Premier or 2 year upgrade? It really depends on which one it is...if it's his 2 year, then yeah...they will probably do it..but Premier...probably not because they still have you for another year..I could be wrong...they might...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G