PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

View Poll Results: 1-10 On quality, 1=wtf is this vid, 10=computer
1-Crap Quality 1 3.03%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 2 6.06%
5 1 3.03%
6 1 3.03%
7 3 9.09%
8 8 24.24%
9 6 18.18%
10-Computer Quality 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 02:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Come Test Youtube Quality! Watch and Vote

i think people are getting confused here thanks to all the bloggers and videos on the evo leading up to the launch... tp2 and evo BOTH have hq settings. not sure why people seem to think EVO should be much much higher. it's not like comparing the tp2s camcorder vs the evo's 720p camcorder. The youtube player is just playing higher quality than that crap they call regular quality on the android player. That's the real comparison.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:37 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMostToys View Post
when it comes to watching videos, everything else being equal, bigger is better.
So true. I have a 42" 1080p LCD and a 55" 1080p LCD at home. Although 1080p looks a little more crisp on my 42" due to the pixel density, I always prefer to watch movies or TV on my 55".
Old 06-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

I know exactly what you mean, +1 to that
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 06-09-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Scotty_Two is keeping up the good workScotty_Two is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i think people are getting confused here thanks to all the bloggers and videos on the evo leading up to the launch... tp2 and evo BOTH have hq settings. not sure why people seem to think EVO should be much much higher. it's not like comparing the tp2s camcorder vs the evo's 720p camcorder. The youtube player is just playing higher quality than that crap they call regular quality on the android player. That's the real comparison.
I don't think it's so much of people expecting higher quality than what it is as much as it is people coming from the TP2, which in my opinion was just a little bit more crisp or less "blurry."
Old 06-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

biggb20042001 is a n00b

i voted a 10 for viewing this on the evo. at 1st i wasnt because i actually went to the link and watch the film and the quality was garbage. then i went to the youtube app and searched your vid and watched it and the quality was A-1. everyone has to make sure you watch this vid off the youtube app otherwise the quality won't be HQ.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty_Two View Post
BTW, I tried to get the same screen grabs from my TP2, but CapSure would just save a black screen when trying to capture YouTube images.

I must say that the smoothness of the Evo is better, but it just looks more stretched/blurry.
It doesn't work with Shake and Save either
Old 06-14-2010, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Similar to what BiggB is saying....How bout quality of embedded youtube vidoes on some websites. It launches youtube player but there is no selection for HQ. Those are defaulted to a lower quality than if you were to watch them on the youtube application. That's the one maybe we need to complain about. On my TP2 it plays in higher quality or whatever I have youtube app set for.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G