PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Sprint's EVO Battery Tips (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124321)

karong 06-07-2010 11:42 AM

Re: What are you're battery tweaks?

+1 for getting rid of Friendstream. Useless app. I saw improvement in my battery after removing that. Plus like others have said, 4G, wifi, bluetooth GPS all off unless i need it. Screen brightness to about half, no live wallpaper. News and weather updates every 3 hours. Seems to work well for me. i can get thru most of the day with those settings.

toenail 06-07-2010 11:45 AM

ive read gps doesnt really need to be turned off because it only works when you need it to.. its not like a constant on, for instance if your using locale then you might want to turn that program off because thats whats keeping your gps active

arsmithsr 06-07-2010 11:48 AM

root set cpu lets you clockdown cpu when idle.

JeffKay 06-07-2010 11:54 AM

Where exactly is "Friends Stream" ? I can't find it to turn it off.. unless I disabled it already and it does not show. I don't remember doing that though.

Thanks

lipidfats 06-07-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffKay (Post 1798559)
Where exactly is "Friends Stream" ? I can't find it to turn it off.. unless I disabled it already and it does not show. I don't remember doing that though.

Thanks

if youve never signed into it then i dont think you have to worry about it... it's the htc widget everyone's talking about. you can find the app of it in your app tray.

princem131 06-07-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toenail (Post 1798514)
ive read gps doesnt really need to be turned off because it only works when you need it to.. its not like a constant on, for instance if your using locale then you might want to turn that program off because thats whats keeping your gps active

Heard that too

milkieamor 06-07-2010 02:15 PM

I'm a noob to Android ... how can I remove these apps completely from my phone. I can uninstall apps I've downloaded but not apps that came preloaded.

arsmithsr 06-07-2010 03:41 PM

You would have to be root and use something like root explorer to delete stuff that came on your phone. Which is actually a step ahead of winmo you can't delete anything in the rom with them except make a new custom rom with out them.

spivey8 06-07-2010 09:29 PM

something must be wrong with my phone or battery because i just took it off charge and i watch the battery widget drop and within 10 mins of running no apps or doing anything but looking around on the phone im at 87%

wifi on never sleep....... nothing else on

screen is set to low

took friend stream off

took atk off

went on the market place for 1 min

what do you guys think??

spivey8 06-07-2010 09:34 PM

ok 35 mins not 10 mins, sorry