PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Increase call quality!

I found this over at XDA. It really does work to increase call quality! If you need to get your MSL # just call sprint and tell them that you need to change from EVRC to EVRC-b. They will give you the MSL, no problem.

1. Go to Phone and Dial ##8626337#
  2. Choose Edit Mode
  3. Enter MSL
  4. Change Home Orig., and Roam Orig. to EVRC-B
  5. Hit Menu and Commit Changes

This is definitely not a placebo effect. Try it and see for yourself!

Last edited by cmdauria; 06-07-2010 at 07:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 23 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Increase call quality!

Have you noticed any network issues and or change in battery life with this change?

-CC

EDIT: As always, I either ask the rep at the store for my MSL. but this time it was too busy on launch day. I just call *2 and asked for it, never a problem.

Quality is certainly different (I think I even got static noise, but it was easier to hear), also I think it actually used a bit more battery, almost impossible to tell, as the phone is new, apps change and phone usage is never the same from one day to the other.

Wondering though if all of sprint's towers are updated and compatible with EVRC-b. I am especially concerned about roaming on other provider's towers that aren't up to date or compatible with EVRC-b, I think that is why it's default to a even lesser codec.

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-08-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Have you noticed any network issues and or change in battery life with this change?

-CC
No network issues...To early to tell on the battery!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

mmmdieselfumes is just getting started

Wow, made quite a difference for me. Especially roaming! I wonder if anyone has a run down of what all the different modes are (evrc, evrc-b, voice13k, etc).
Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Last I heard this does not work while using the Airave. However, from what I understand this seems to work other than this. Might have to test drive it to see.

Give some
Old 06-07-2010, 08:36 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

For those interested in what EVRC-B is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhance...e_Rate_Codec_B
Old 06-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Any way to get the msl without calling?
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 06-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post

No way at all as of right now. Just tell the agent that you would like to speak to Evo tech support and that the Sprint store advised you to call to get your MSL to change the bandwith to EVRC-b due to poor call quality. I got mine in less than 5 minutes.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Works for some and not for others... Worth a go...

Didn't work for me...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122635
Old 06-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Thumbs up Re: Increase call quality!

Quote:
Try at the top of this forum theres a tips thread that tell you how to get it without calling sprint.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G