PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   video chat: in case you didnt know! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123889)

mrpigg 06-06-2010 01:31 PM

video chat: in case you didnt know!

there is an app in the android marked that lets you do video calls on the evo call "fring". it lets u makes your account with them, and also i able to link up with all your other services such as skype, yahoo, etc. so if you dont feel like just sitting around until qik is finally ready to keep the 2 way messaging version of the app in the market......fring is the way to go. and yes, it also supports phone to computer calling and works also on the 3g network!

themuffinman 06-06-2010 01:36 PM

Re: video chat: in case you didnt know!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpigg (Post 1796417)
there is an app in the android marked that lets you do video calls on the evo call "fring". it lets u makes your account with them, and also i able to link up with all your other services such as skype, yahoo, etc. so if you dont feel like just sitting around until qik is finally ready to keep the 2 way messaging version of the app in the market......fring is the way to go. and yes, it also supports phone to computer calling and works also on the 3g network!

As much as everyone has been crazy about the evo this has been known for a while now but thanks for sharing it, maybe there are a few out there that still hasn't gotten that memo yet.:)

starletgt92 06-07-2010 10:09 AM

I think its the fact that the evo can actually take advantage of the video chat as it has the front facing camera. All other phones dont have that.

blackte4 06-08-2010 11:50 AM

Which messenger service work for video chat? I try yahoo on fring and said not supported. I will try Google and msn tonight

zone23 06-08-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman
As much as everyone has been crazy about the evo this has been known for a while now but thanks for sharing it, maybe there are a few out there that still hasn't gotten that memo yet.:smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by starletgt92 (Post 1798278)
I think its the fact that the evo can actually take advantage of the video chat as it has the front facing camera. All other phones dont have that.

Exactly..

yang88she 06-08-2010 06:58 PM

so um, I hate to ask, but is there a video chat for dummies...
sorry FNG here, especially to anything other than a WinMobile OS

ricchini2007 06-08-2010 07:16 PM

isn't the video chat choppy

slow4g63 06-08-2010 08:13 PM

I tried earlier through skype using fring but my buddy didn't have a camera... the audio was HORRIBLE! it sounded like it was going to blow my speakerphone!

ricchini2007 06-08-2010 08:48 PM

yea fring app does that to the speaker

themuffinman 06-08-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slow4g63 (Post 1802425)
I tried earlier through skype using fring but my buddy didn't have a camera... the audio was HORRIBLE! it sounded like it was going to blow my speakerphone!

I found using regular wired headsets helps with the audio 10fold.