PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo Tips, Tricks and anything I find useful. Will update. Updated 7/22/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Hey Guys:

I'm in the applications manager and I'm trying to disable apps I dont use at all so they dont run in the background, like FOOTPRINTS. But I dont see an options to disable.

Any help would be great
not so sure about disabling...but you can uninstall system apps with titanium backup...of course you'll need root access. This doesn't necessarily have to be a custom ROM feature. Just remember to becareful what sys apps you are deleting.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac901 View Post
i am looking for the swype app one person directed me to it and it was all good til i tried to use it and it wouldnt let me use it. does anybody have an up to date file i can use??? the link i got in the forum was from xda also
also, try to hit up Swype's online site...and sign up for their beta (if its still open) You'll be able to get their swype installer...which basically lets you download a working Swype keyboard onto your phone whenever. This is handy especially if you change ROMs like underwear!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
not so sure about disabling...but you can uninstall system apps with titanium backup...of course you'll need root access. This doesn't necessarily have to be a custom ROM feature. Just remember to becareful what sys apps you are deleting.
Be really useful if someone would compile a list of Stock ROM apps that are safe to remove, or at least explain the dependancies. I have removed many of the obvious. I just have been careful.

Even apps that are required, I.e. GMail, I would rather remove and install a downloaded version.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:20 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Can someone tell me where I put images that I want to use as backgrounds/wallpaper? Much appreciated.
I created a folder in the Media folder, but I wasn't able to find where the default images are stored.

Last edited by Trident; 09-24-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S II
Carrier: sprint

mac901 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to mac901

so no more tips or anything i can find useful???
Old 10-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

speaking of a TIP, can someone comment on the best settings for the SWYPE part of ULTRA-KEYBOARD to get the most accurate swyping??
Old 05-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

candy14510 is a n00b

I am so sorry to bother you...I jsut got a new EVO....I sucessfully rooted the previous one....however I am having problems with the new on...put in my old SD card...even tried the NEW one....and am stuck on recovery mode....Help please....

I'm attempting to root my phone using a windows 7... I installed the drivers as needed, set up the phone as required and started unrevoked 3. I selected the hboot usb as required by the process, and unrevoked ran until the point that the phone reboots to the clockworkmod recovery screen. my phone is sitting on the screen with the following options:

-reboot system now
-apply sdcard:update.zip
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-install zip from sdcard
-nandroid
-partitions menu
-advanced
-+++++Go Back+++++

i was stuck in it earlier and somehow got out...I know there is always an answer....it's late and im frustrated....sorry for posting on this tread....but i can't seem to find a thread that is similar to mine.....I have wiped, cash, data...facotry reset.....everytime I restart my EVO...back to the same recovery mode...
thanks for any help!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell

jm907miller is a n00b
I need the msl code for my EVO3d. Can anyone help me out Sprint would not give it to me

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 10-11-2011, 02:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jet

trav230 is keeping up the good worktrav230 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm907miller View Post
I need the msl code for my EVO3d. Can anyone help me out Sprint would not give it to me

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
If you are rooted you can download the MSL reader off the market. Run it and that will give you your MSL

-Travis

Last edited by trav230; 10-11-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jet

trav230 is keeping up the good worktrav230 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy14510 View Post
I am so sorry to bother you...I jsut got a new EVO....I sucessfully rooted the previous one....however I am having problems with the new on...put in my old SD card...even tried the NEW one....and am stuck on recovery mode....Help please....

I'm attempting to root my phone using a windows 7... I installed the drivers as needed, set up the phone as required and started unrevoked 3. I selected the hboot usb as required by the process, and unrevoked ran until the point that the phone reboots to the clockworkmod recovery screen. my phone is sitting on the screen with the following options:

-reboot system now
-apply sdcard:update.zip
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-install zip from sdcard
-nandroid
-partitions menu
-advanced
-+++++Go Back+++++

i was stuck in it earlier and somehow got out...I know there is always an answer....it's late and im frustrated....sorry for posting on this tread....but i can't seem to find a thread that is similar to mine.....I have wiped, cash, data...facotry reset.....everytime I restart my EVO...back to the same recovery mode...
thanks for any help!!!

On Evo's with 2.3.3 you need to use the Revolutionary.io method of rooting. I have a walk through posted on the main page if you need more help.

-Travis

Last edited by trav230; 10-11-2011 at 03:07 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G