PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo Tips, Tricks and anything I find useful. Will update. Updated 6/6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfuzion View Post
Yeah the new one is "sticky" but because it automatically runs at each reset. Right?
I am not sure, though that would explain why unrevoked is running each time I reboot. Either way, the wording in the OP insinuates that it may be necessary for the end user to root the phone on each reboot when it's done automatically and the average user probably wouldn't notice if the root stuck or was being reapplied at each reboot. Nonetheless, thanks for the great thread and for keeping it updated!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Evo Tips, Tricks and anything I find useful. Will update. Updated 6/6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I am not sure, though that would explain why unrevoked is running each time I reboot. Either way, the wording in the OP insinuates that it may be necessary for the end user to root the phone on each reboot when it's done automatically and the average user probably wouldn't notice if the root stuck or was being reapplied at each reboot. Nonetheless, thanks for the great thread and for keeping it updated!
I think it did need to be rooted after a reboot when it was first released but then they released an update that fixed it.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Re: Evo Tips, Tricks and anything I find useful. Will update. Updated 6/6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I think it did need to be rooted after a reboot when it was first released but then they released an update that fixed it.
Yeah the update just has it run automatically at startup and reroot in the back ground, so you dont even know it. So not technically sticky.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 06-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Evo Tips, Tricks and anything I find useful. Will update. Updated 6/7/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I found this:
http://www.appbrain.com/app/org.bobarctor.smsbackup

It puts all of the text messages into gmail, so that will work.
Cool I am glad you found it. Gonna add this to the first post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

anyways of removing all the facebook people from the dialer.
i would like to only have my phone contacts on there and not a bunch of wrong numbers.
i live in the US but most of my friends on facebook are not from the US and all the phone numbers are missing the country code and such... so its pointless to have that up there.
if anyone knows... thanks.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 06-08-2010, 02:56 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

I stumbled across this at xda--apparently Android phones are set to search for a GSM signal as well as a CDMA one
Makes no sense to me but I read the below thread and applied the change as mine was set to GSM-auto.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=tws

Thanks for a great thread!!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
anyways of removing all the facebook people from the dialer.
i would like to only have my phone contacts on there and not a bunch of wrong numbers.
i live in the US but most of my friends on facebook are not from the US and all the phone numbers are missing the country code and such... so its pointless to have that up there.
if anyone knows... thanks.
As of yet I do not know of a way. People are talking about it however, if I see a solution posted I will update you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I stumbled across this at xda--apparently Android phones are set to search for a GSM signal as well as a CDMA one
Makes no sense to me but I read the below thread and applied the change as mine was set to GSM-auto.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=tws

Thanks for a great thread!!
I must be smoking something because I tried this just to see and I couldnt even access the menu. Glad you like the thread, thanks for the support
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:17 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I must be smoking something because I tried this just to see and I couldnt even access the menu. Glad you like the thread, thanks for the support
Your choice of 'relaxation' aside...
Did you type it exactly like this:

*#*#4636#*#*

Reason I ask is when I tried it the first time I missed the *#*# in the beginning. Just tried it again and it worked fine.....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Your choice of 'relaxation' aside...
Did you type it exactly like this:

*#*#4636#*#*

Reason I ask is when I tried it the first time I missed the *#*# in the beginning. Just tried it again and it worked fine.....
Wow that is so odd... I tried like 3 times before and now reading your post I try again and poof there is the menu, intresting what being super tired can do for you. Mine was set to CDMA but I will add this to the first post tomorrow that "test" menu has some sexy stuff in it. Thanks for the info!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:05 AM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Wow that is so odd... I tried like 3 times before and now reading your post I try again and poof there is the menu, intresting what being super tired can do for you. Mine was set to CDMA but I will add this to the first post tomorrow that "test" menu has some sexy stuff in it. Thanks for the info!
If you read the linked thread, you'd see that it is a visual glitch. Once youre at the last screen, hit menu and select radio band which will cause a force close. Wait a second and then go back into the last screen. You'll see that its set to GSM-Auto. Select CDMA-Auto (prl) and you should be golden..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G