PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can anyone post the NAND backup file?

Mine got corrupted for some reason,I'm running a custom rom,since the Sprint Hotspot did not work with the custom rom,tried to flash back to stock by using the RUU exe from my laptop,but it failed,my NAND backup was corrupted,can someone please post the NAND backup fiel?thanks,I'm a Android newbie.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ryan07 is just getting started
Re: Can anyone post the NAND backup file?

I'm having this same issue. When I try to run a backup from recovery, I get the "Use nandroid-mobile.sh" message, but I don't know what files could be missing. It fails through adb also. In addition, I can't create a backup from ROM manager so I must have some files missing from my SD card.

As admission of guilt, I formatted my SD card for some reason through my PC, so I ended up breaking SD and USB functionality. I got those fixed but I'd like to make a nand backup before going full root.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sfld is keeping up the good worksfld is keeping up the good work

I would give you mine however it has alot of personal information.

Im assuming all your information i.e. sprint profile number and everything sticks.

If someone gives you a stock nandroid backup, you should be able to restore, then update your profile
Old 06-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Have you tried flashing through rom manager?
I assuming you want to backup as a precaution right? Not for the settings and info that you want to keep.
Why not flash a stock rom, if it will let you, and then do a backup?
Again, I'm assuming it will let you. I haven't had any issues like you're describing so I'm just guessing.

Last edited by FastRX8; 06-15-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I tried ROM manager, but I'm faced with the same issue...it just doesn't do anything. I downloaded the app, ran their zip from the sd, it says it's creating a backup with the date, but if I browse the sd or manage ROMs through their interface, nothing is there.

I feel like there's some essential file that I deleted and flashing a ROM, even stock, didn't put it back.

sfld, are those the essential files I would need to see on my sd in order for a backup to work? Shouldn't I have a "backup" or "nandroid" folder on my sd? Again, I feel like there's some magic file I'm missing that is called when I choose to make a backup.

I've flashed the stock ROM so many times, then the Toast root method. Each time I setup my Exchange and a few apps to either try to manage this situation or monitor something and I'm tired of doing it. I want to make a backup to try and save me from doing it all over again after I do the NAND root.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, I said f@#$ it and started over. I reflashed the stock ROM (pulled from the shipped RUU and renamed, then Toast's root, then the full NAND hack and finally the radio. All this back to back, skipping the setup screens.

Decided to try the recovery backup option again and skidoosh, it works.

Don't know what got fixed. I tried the stock/Toast method I know five times, just messing around, and it never worked so whatever happened either in the full process or just the NAND hack did the trick.

Last edited by Ryan07; 06-15-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Besides all the personal info in a NAND backup, I think they are specific to the phone that created it's IMEI or Serial #. I am sure you could just rename the file to match your phones info, but seems hard to come across someone willing to give you all the info that comes with one.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tattoo
Carrier: Dialog

dmsameeram is a n00b

Is there a way to get a nand backup and edit those personal information using a computer and then restore it?

because my touch screen is not functioning but i was using the device without an issue last few months now i have updated to froyo. but cant enter my personal info. so i can get a nand backup and put my info to that and then restore.

thats my plan so any one please help me......
Old 10-03-2010, 04:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsameeram View Post
Is there a way to get a nand backup and edit those personal information using a computer and then restore it?

because my touch screen is not functioning but i was using the device without an issue last few months now i have updated to froyo. but cant enter my personal info. so i can get a nand backup and put my info to that and then restore.

thats my plan so any one please help me......
you lost all your stuff i would start from beginning and flash a new rom and see if that fixes your screen issue

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 10-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Are you sure you are not using Clockmod recovery and Ra and mixing and not sure which one you should restore from?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G