PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What "wave" of EVO shipments are/were you on?
WAVE 1!! PLAYING WITH MY EVO NOW! 10 66.67%
Wave 2... Hating BB for their lies/myself for my slowness.. 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation To All the "Second Wave" BB Customers!

I recently found out I'm not alone, at all, in my horrible BB experiences. Aparently many many people reserved/pre-ordered the EVO at BB, only to later find out (many after waiting in line for hours) that they were on the "second wave" of pre-orders because they had sold out their allotted 50 at the BB, and they would have to wait until some unknown shipment date. I personally called before hand and confirmed on the 31st to see if there would be any problem with the pre-order for the 4th. I was assured not, but lo and behold come the next day, after selling my TP2 (stupid, I know, but I needed the money to pre-order), I was told that I would not get my phone until the tenth, most likely...

Well after much whining, bit**ing, and harassing, I found out that the stores have been hearing rumors that they will be getting in the second wave for the lied to like me from Monday, the 7th to Thursday, the 10th. Just rumors, but the sources are reliable. So don't fret, only one more full day to go EVO-less hopefully!
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)

Last edited by Biofall; 06-06-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kb112 is a n00b
Re: To All the "Second Wave" BB Customers!

I'm gonna see if I can just walk in and buy one, didn't pre-order. lol The girl locally told me they weren't likely to get them for two weeks. But to check back and see often. So I figure I will start calling daily after tomorrow. lol
Old 06-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb112 View Post
I'm gonna see if I can just walk in and buy one, didn't pre-order. lol The girl locally told me they weren't likely to get them for two weeks. But to check back and see often. So I figure I will start calling daily after tomorrow. lol
You won't be able to walk in. If you do successfully I think I might bomb a BB location... JK...
Old 06-06-2010, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, soon EVO

Kingtut18 is becoming a great contributor

I spoke to multiple sprint reps in my area, and they are getting phones in at the corp stores (Sprint) daily, there was a wait list of 20 to 30 ppl and the last rep I talked to said if I put my name on the list now, I would probably have one by friday.

I actually already have one from Best Buy, but they aren't pricematching the 449 from Sprint, so I'm returning my 1st one to best buy, and going to Sprint to get one. So just a FYI to everyone that is looking to buy full price at best buy, it's 600. at Sprint stores 449.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

i agree with kingtut18,BB can suck it. they wouldnt price match, they wanted me to pay 600$ outright i just laughed got my 50$ back and left. ordered it from sprint.com and itll be here tomorrow (monday) for 449$. BB sucks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, soon EVO

Kingtut18 is becoming a great contributor

thanks brock. I didn't think of checking online to buy the phone.

I just ordered it also online from sprint.com and when I get that BB will get there evo back.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Best Buy is never a reliable source...The Agents in those stores no nothing...they get paid minimum wage and hardly know a thing about the product they sell...I would take what they say with a grain of salt...

From Sprints Mouth...Corp store...they are expecting shipments atleast 1 or 2 times a week...thats what I heard from the manager...even though Im not getting my Evo till August (Eligibility issue) I still keep up with them.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Best Buy is never a reliable source...The Agents in those stores no nothing...they get paid minimum wage and hardly know a thing about the product they sell...I would take what they say with a grain of salt...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post

From Sprints Mouth...Corp store...they are expecting shipments atleast 1 or 2 times a week...thats what I heard from the manager...even though Im not getting my Evo till August (Eligibility issue) I still keep up with them.

I've known they sucked, it's just how they lied to or misled so many people.. Very frustrating. The reason I have to order from BB is because it's the cheapest. $200 is a very good price.

And thanks for the shipment updates.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I walked into Sprint corporate store on Friday around noon and they had quite a few phones available. I ordered one online Friday too. ill have to mail it back though. My bill is almost 900$ lol.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

zxchris is a n00b

I got mine at best buy and it was $449.

It does say "Reg. Price $599 Disc. $150" under the product description on my reciept though. So maybe that is them price matching it? I didnt bitch or complain about anything and I actually thought I was going to pay $449 anyway, didn't know they were asking $599.

Maybe she made a mistake, or they ended up PM'ing... IDK but thats what i paid FYI.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
second wave