PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Swype Port Here! Most Preferred EVO KB *with expiration fix*

Similar posts has been seen vaguely in a couple of places, but they are all convoluted and should be deleted in light of this one. This is a hyper-confirmed version I have worked to get tested.

1. Go to settings, and select Applications.

2. Check the box to "allow installation of non-Market applications."

3. Download the attached file using the web browser of your choice, or download it to your PC and transfer it to your SD card.

4. Navigate to the previously downloaded file using a file explorer like EStrong File Explorer or ASTRO click it.

5. Click "Install" to install.

6. Go back to the settings menu and click "Language & Keyboard."

7. Check the box next to Swype. Accept the prompt that pops up.

8. Open up any text field (text message, quick search, address bar, etc), and long press on the field.

9. Select "Input Method" from the pop-up.

10. Select "Swype" from the choices.

I urge everyone to try this. It might look intimidating or complicated, but once you learn how to use it, you probably won't look back.
Swype, for those who don't know, is pretty much the best darn thing to happen to keyboards since T9 (In fact the man who created it co-founded T9). The world record touch-screen keyboard text was sent using it (link below). It's a keyboard that's uber-fast and allows you to quickly and efficiently dish out texts or email or whatever..

Last edited by WarChild; 08-05-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Removed links to applications that have been cracked to violate the terms of use.
This post has been thanked 82 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, soon EVO

Kingtut18 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Working Confirmed Swype

do you keep getting popup messages that the keyboard is the wrong size?

I have a different apk that makes swype keep doing that.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:54 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

How do i install it?

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

jdw7985 is becoming a great contributor

Just move it to you sd card select it with a file manager like Astro and it will prompt you to install as long as you have your phone set up to install from Unknown Services located in the settings - Applications. Works perfect
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:01 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I dont get why yall wont just use shapewriter... its the same exact thing but better to me
Old 06-05-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

jdw7985 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I dont get why yall wont just use shapewriter... its the same exact thing but better to me
Just for that reason it's better for you....coming from WINMO we have gotten use to Swype and would prefer to keep things as similar as possible moving to a new OS
Old 06-05-2010, 01:04 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw7985 View Post
Just move it to you sd card select it with a file manager like Astro and it will prompt you to install as long as you have your phone set up to install from Unknown Services located in the settings - Applications. Works perfect
Thanks
Old 06-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I also came from winmo world. You should really try it...In my opinion it is way better than swype!
Old 06-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

awesome, now i just need an evo
Old 06-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Swype works better for me on the Evo then the TP2, it's smoother and works quicker.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
keyboard, swype