PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Working Confirmed Swype with Picture Guided Instructions (Best EVO Keyboard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3xicanprid3 View Post
can someone explain to me how to do it step by step. i knw heres the way to do it but he said transfer to sdcard thats where i get stuck someone can help the guy please
Just install it from your web browser and then install it from your app menu.
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 06-10-2010, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

MikeOD is becoming a great contributor
Re: Working Confirmed Swype with Picture Guided Instructions (Best EVO Keyboard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveotero View Post
Has anyone gotten the double tap to bring up the word correction list? I doesn't seem to work like the tutorials states. I have to select the word (or place the cursor on it) and hit the swype key. Not a huge deal but the double tap would be quicker.

Also, thanks OP!
I was very accustomed to the double tap method, which DOES work in windows mobile...but it doesn't seem to work in this version...I've adjusted to a single tap then a tap of the Swype key.

I believe this is still a "pre-release" version of Swype...and thats really just about the only thing I've found that doesn't work the way I had hoped it would...maybe they'll either update the instructions to not say it will work, or update the software so it does in a future version...but I'm quite happy with it the way it is for now.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
I was very accustomed to the double tap method, which DOES work in windows mobile...but it doesn't seem to work in this version...I've adjusted to a single tap then a tap of the Swype key.

I believe this is still a "pre-release" version of Swype...and thats really just about the only thing I've found that doesn't work the way I had hoped it would...maybe they'll either update the instructions to not say it will work, or update the software so it does in a future version...but I'm quite happy with it the way it is for now.
This is a ported version from a different phone, but it serves its purpose, wouldn't you say? Glad ya like it, thanks for a thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

acerati50 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to acerati50

i downloaded the file but when i try to install it on the phone it says that there is no program to open that specific file any suggestions on what program to download to unzip it or something?? thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

i installed it, i followed the instructions and checked the swype keyboard in settings. but when i try to bring up the keyboard, i hold down the keyboard icon but the swype keyboard does not come up.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Looks good and I tried it but I prefer Better Keyboard with the iPhone skin over this one but your instructions were spot on.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

i just installed it looks good
Old 06-10-2010, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

never mind, i got it to work. now what do i do if the words are not in the dictionary like slang? i tried "sup" and "iono" and neither of them came up.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xunknownx View Post
never mind, i got it to work. now what do i do if the words are not in the dictionary like slang? i tried "sup" and "iono" and neither of them came up.
Try reading the tutorial. To add words peck it in like normal, then hit the space bar, and it's added.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

alright, if i wipe my phone, is there a way to back up my dictionary so i wont have to enter it everytime i wipe my phone?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
keyboard, swype