PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: need to unroot, having some issues

Moved to the general EVO forum.

That said, I don't know the answer to your question, because I always return devices with custom ROMs.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

is it -off or -on

if its -off you can flash any rom, if your still getting an error than theres more wrong or you are using a wrong ruu.

stock rom is in my sig

you need htc sync and run the run after its installed
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

[GUIDE] How to Unroot the EVO in 2 STEPS - xda-developers
Old 10-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Moved to the general EVO forum.

That said, I don't know the answer to your question, because I always return devices with custom ROMs.
I've done the same w/ touch pro 2, and had no problem. I wouldn't sweat about it.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout
Question To root, or not to root...

I have been debating on whether or not I should root my Evo. Ever since I got it I assumed that was the route to go, coming from a TP and TP2. Well, I've been very satisifed with my device but like all the customizable perks with rooting. Like the lockscreen, the taskbar color, all that jive.

So tell me the cons of rooting. Do I lose access to the Marketplace? Can I still send and receive MMS without any hassle? Is the reception good? Still have 4G? Is it tough to do on the most recent OTA update?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: To root, or not to root...

in a nutshell, there are no negatives other than the 20 mins it involves
Old 10-05-2010, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Don't confuse Root with custom ROMs. Root is the act of given you Super User priviledges to your operating system. It makes it possible for you to do things that are otherwise blocked. But you can root and stay on an essentially stock ROM.

It is in the area of custom ROMs that you may encounter limitations. As the developers rip into ROMs, making them more sleek and slick, sometimes a feature is lost. So, after Rooting and doing a Nand Backup, experiment with some ROMs until you find the one that best suits your needs.

Happy Rooting
Old 10-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Root root root root root root root root root root root root root root root root root root root root root rooooooooooooooooooooot!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

If you want to tether then root. You also need root to allow backup programs to back up system files. Rooting just makes life easier. I never wanted to root but now I'm glad I did. If you're happy however with what you have as most regular users are and don't care for what I mentioned then just stick with it. And you can ask this question on every other site and 90% of the time they will tell you to root. If you do root and decide you dont like it, just flash a stock rom to it and youre back to normal. But I'm almost sure you won't go back.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

Guys I know this has been answered a million times but Im very nervous on rooting my sisters EVO.

I watched this video YouTube - HTC EVO Unrevoked Root from pocketnow.com.

It looks simple enough however at then end near from 3:06 to 3:24 there is this screen. How do I get out of that screen is it the Go back option.

Will this root wipe the phone back to stock or is it just unlocking the phone?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos