PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 05:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

wphend00 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to wphend00 Send a message via AIM to wphend00 Send a message via MSN to wphend00 Send a message via Yahoo to wphend00
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

and yes, before you ask, the recovery.img is in the root of the sd card...
Old 06-19-2010, 06:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wphend00 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to wphend00 Send a message via AIM to wphend00 Send a message via MSN to wphend00 Send a message via Yahoo to wphend00
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

ok, I just disconnected and restarted the whole process... in the recovery screen... almost home free... been working at this since 10pm... Now if only I could pore all of this desire into reading the bible...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:05 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wphend00 View Post
and yes, before you ask, the recovery.img is in the root of the sd card...
In your post you are typing "chmode" when the command is "chmod"
Is that it or just a typo in your post?
Old 06-19-2010, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

RichTJ99 is a n00b

One more question about nand. Right now, I have my main nand backup as the stock rooted with nand unlocked. I want to go try fresh rom .03. So I just flash fresh & if i decide I want to go back to my previous nand, I just restore it & everything that the fresh rom does is wiped out & I am back to exactly where I started at the last point of nand backup?

I see that the fresh backup does a number of things including a rom manager, etc. I may like it or may not. If I do a restore does it make all those changes go away?
Old 06-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
One more question about nand. Right now, I have my main nand backup as the stock rooted with nand unlocked. I want to go try fresh rom .03. So I just flash fresh & if i decide I want to go back to my previous nand, I just restore it & everything that the fresh rom does is wiped out & I am back to exactly where I started at the last point of nand backup?
That is correct.

Quote:
I see that the fresh backup does a number of things including a rom manager, etc. I may like it or may not. If I do a restore does it make all those changes go away?
Like you correctly stated above, if you flash Fresh, then restore your nand, you'll be back on stock rooted with no trace of Fresh. Dont forget to wipe when restoring nand.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:18 AM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by wphend00
ok, I just disconnected and restarted the whole process... in the recovery screen... almost home free... been working at this since 10pm... Now if only I could pore all of this desire into reading the bible...
Get the program called "AcroBible"...that way you can fondle your phone and get the word all at the same time!

I don't even bring my Bible to church anymore!

Last edited by radar369; 06-19-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

i keep getting errors on the second part here:
then hit "OK"
In the window that opens, type:

Code:
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_imagechmod 755 /data/flash_image/data/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.imgreboot recovery
what will happen if I stop there? and proceed with new ROM like normal
Old 06-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
i keep getting errors on the second part here:
then hit "OK"
In the window that opens, type:

Code:
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_imagechmod 755 /data/flash_image/data/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.imgreboot recovery
what will happen if I stop there? and proceed with new ROM like normal
You won't get full root but as long as Part 1 correctly installed, you can still flash ROMs.
IMO the most common reasons for errors at this stage is not having the proper files unzipped to your card and or named correctly. Also, the adb codes are very spelling, spacing, and punctuation specific.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

buck12 is a n00b

yo thanks for the help winmonewbie
Old 06-19-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

buck12 is a n00b

nice it worked. Now that I am rooted what else can I do when the phone is rooted?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos