PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuxbag View Post
I wiped
Quote:
this happened when it installed the ota update rooted from xda
Butt did you wipe well? Factory reset X2, wipe dalvic X2.
What ROM are you on? OMJ and other chefs have the OTA cooked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot View Post
That's a nice device you got there... btw, you aren't using the same download method the rest of us are or I call BS on it working for you. It's simple math really. You must have a premium membership on sendspace.
Really? I've dl'd from sendspace without a premium account before.
Another user said they got it too.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
this happened when it installed the ota update rooted from xda
Ahh... I can't help w/ that. I can only speak about stuff I've done. I'm on the latest OTA but I got there by installing OMJ's 1.6r. Some people are then following whitslack's method to get the latest WiMax, but when I did that, things messed up. So I went back to just using OMJ's 1.6r.
Here's whitslacks thread if you'd like to try - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot View Post
That's a nice device you got there... btw, you aren't using the same download method the rest of us are or I call BS on it working for you. It's simple math really. You must have a premium membership on sendspace.
I must be using a different method. Here's what I did;
1) Went to post #1
2) Scrolled down to "Items you'll need"
3) Clicked on the link "eng-PC36IMG.zip" which is linked to http://sdx-downloads.com/sdx/evo/troot/eng-PC36IMG.zip
4) Waited for the file to finish downloading

I didn't try using the "Mirror 1" which is linked to sendspace.com because I'm at work and behind a firewall that blocks sendspace.

If that doesn't work, here's another link - ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVO/Users/FastRX8/eng-PC36IMG.zip
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

sigh...I can't get it to download from anywhere... "connection with server lost...blah blah blah"... I'm going to try to reboot...meanwhile I'll try downloading with another computer and my phone
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff
Re: Root new OTA with 4 clicks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
I just installed the shipped rom did only the first ota than left itas is.

I am curently tethering on ft myers beach on my ipad. Sending you all the love one can and still not be gay.

And i had a cold beer and am onto my margarita as we speak.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Alkitasking..nice!
Old 07-09-2010, 04:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Re: Root new OTA with 4 clicks!

is there any difference between this and the other root method for the ota?
Old 07-09-2010, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Unhappy Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Ahh... I can't help w/ that. I can only speak about stuff I've done. I'm on the latest OTA but I got there by installing OMJ's 1.6r. Some people are then following whitslack's method to get the latest WiMax, but when I did that, things messed up. So I went back to just using OMJ's 1.6r.
Here's whitslacks thread if you'd like to try - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715915

I must be using a different method. Here's what I did;
1) Went to post #1
2) Scrolled down to "Items you'll need"
3) Clicked on the link "eng-PC36IMG.zip" which is linked to http://sdx-downloads.com/sdx/evo/troot/eng-PC36IMG.zip
4) Waited for the file to finish downloading

I didn't try using the "Mirror 1" which is linked to sendspace.com because I'm at work and behind a firewall that blocks sendspace.

If that doesn't work, here's another link - ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVO/Users/FastRX8/eng-PC36IMG.zip
Ok, I was able to dl from your link (Thanks!!) Now I tried whitslack's method and it wouldnt work for me either.

Ok Im on 1.32.651.1 now...I was rooted last night (at least pt 1, not sure about pt 2...HBOOT said I had 76.2000 but something still was wrong) before I began attempting the whitslacks method. Im almost positive Im not rooted at all anymore, or if I am, something seems to be "broken" within the phone...did I brick it?? I hope not! Now it says I'm back to the 79.000

So my goal is to have fully rooted stock 1.47.651.1 with up to date radios, wimax, etc. Where should I start considering where Im at now?
Old 07-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Alright, my curiosity got the best of me. I tethered my pc so I could test the sendspace link. It worked fine for me.

Now, I understand that some people will have a problem w/ certain sites because of firewalls and router settings and things like that. If that's the case, I can't help you. All I can do is provide you w/ alternate links to try. Or, you could do like I did and tether w/ PDANet and download it that way.

If firewalls/routers aren't your issue, I did put together a little tutorial for downloading from Sendspace.
But let me first say this...

If my Sendspace tutorial helps you and you're able to download the file where you couldn't do so before, STOP EVERYTHING NOW!!!
If your issue was corrected by looking at my tutorial and you needed help just to get that done, you're in WAY OVER YOUR HEAD w/ trying to root a phone.
You're currently on a fast track to brick your device. Call Sprint immediately and tell them you need to switch to an iPhone and never, ever, ever consider trying to jailbreak that phone either.

With that said, here's my Sendspace tutorial -

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sendspace Tutorial.JPG (107.0 KB, 46 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

I'm clicking on the red arrows and nothings happening?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post

If you're on 1.32.651.1, you should flash the Signed_Shipped version of the 1.32.651.1 rom and start over. That would clear up any lingering issues. I know it's frustrating to be stuck, but I'm sure it just something simple that's being overlooked. I've flashed back to a unrooted 1.32.651.1 tons of times because I didn't feel like trying to figure out what I missed.
Here's the link to the Signed_Shipped_Rom - http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Supe...ase_171253.exe
Ok, Im going to flash back to that ^^^ and then I guess Ill have to do toasts pt1 & pt2. If I succeed, I want to flash to stock 1.47.651.1 with full root...but after all the drama of last night...Im afraid and may just stay with the shipped rom to avaid any more headaches.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

Possibly something wrong with my laptop or router because it d/l's hyperfast with my direct connected desktop. Once I seen others discussing it wouldn't d/l for them it seemed there was an issue needing to be addressed. Glad it's been cleared up. Thanks for the red arrow tutorial.. lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I'm clicking on the red arrows and nothings happening?
Try clicking on the red circle.

Raging Idiot

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos