PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck12 View Post
yo thanks for the help winmonewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck12 View Post
nice it worked. Now that I am rooted what else can I do when the phone is rooted?
You're welcome but my friends call me winmo

So you went through all the steps to full root?
Then you have the keys to the candystore.
Check this:
http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f...-sticky-11117/
Old 06-19-2010, 07:58 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work
Re: Rooting and Flashing EVO Instructions for super n00b's on PC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
Some do, and some don't. Depends on your rom.
Thanks

Sorry of this is a stupid question...but which after root ROM provides a "stock/OEM" experience (as in no problems...use evo for work), but lets you have access to titanium bkup, and wireless abilities, etc?

Also...can you use your backed up home scenes after being rooted?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

just wanted to say thanks to fastrx and winmo for help and great thread. Finally got around to rooting my Evo and flashing a custom rom. Everything seems flawless so once again thanks guys!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Thanks for the info... You made it easy. Purchased new EVO, rooted, and flashed new rom all before noon.
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i am waiting for the morning to say .. ok today is the day to ROOT ... just been lazy .. as of right now .. the custom ROMS .. really just get rid of bloatwear and u will be able to load custom themes in which there aren't many as of yet ... and being able to tether is the biggest factor ... an u tether from a MAC with that app on market? havent looked into as of yet
Old 06-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Welcome to the party riley and rip. Happy to help. Fast has provided a tremendous service to all us Droid n00bs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
Thanks

Sorry of this is a stupid question...but which after root ROM provides a "stock/OEM" experience (as in no problems...use evo for work), but lets you have access to titanium bkup, and wireless abilities, etc?

Also...can you use your backed up home scenes after being rooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
i am waiting for the morning to say .. ok today is the day to ROOT ... just been lazy .. as of right now .. the custom ROMS .. really just get rid of bloatwear and u will be able to load custom themes in which there aren't many as of yet ... and being able to tether is the biggest factor ... an u tether from a MAC with that app on market? havent looked into as of yet
IMO the current crop of ROMs looks like this-OMJ is the most stock-esque with minor tweaks. It is rock solid, been on it for two weeks and there are no hiccups. Wireless tether is included and works perfectly.
Fresh ROM is great too, tried it for a day, it has a few more tweaks for battery and speed than OMJ. I tried Fresh2 and liked it, Fast tried Fresh3 and thought it was a bit slower than OMJ.
Bugless beast looks pretty well modified-havent tried it, just read the change logs.
With nand back ups it's simple to try out something new and jump back to what you're comfortable with very easily.

There are other ROMs out there-just throwing out three examples at various levels of modification.

@JZ-Titanium back up will back up all your Sense UI settings-wallpaper, widgets, screen layout etc.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-19-2010 at 09:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:08 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
There are other ROMs out there-just throwing out three examples at various levels of modification.

@JZ-Titanium back up will back up all your Sense UI settings-wallpaper, widgets, screen layout etc.

Thanks for the update...question, since you need to be rooted prior to using titanium, I assume that all my current "pages" will be lost? not a biggy, just curious. Please let me know, and thanks again!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:12 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ok i cant get my phone into recovery. i hit the htc sync but nothing.. i type what i have too

any ideas?

Old 06-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
Thanks for the update...question, since you need to be rooted prior to using titanium, I assume that all my current "pages" will be lost? not a biggy, just curious. Please let me know, and thanks again!
Sorry, thought you were rooted and going from Part I to Part II-full root.
Not sure but I've heard Sprite backup is a good non-rooted app and *may* bacl up your Sense settings....if not have fun customizing once you flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
ok i cant get my phone into recovery. i hit the htc sync but nothing.. i type what i have too

any ideas?
Which step are you at exactly? Going into recovery for Part I or for Part II- the Nand bypass?
Just fyi-htc sync is not needed. Charge Only will work as long as USB debugging is enabled.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:29 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i got it.. im in part 2. just forgot to rename the recovery. doing the restore now

thanks

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos