PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

buck12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

How do you know if you did everything right? are you suppose to see changes or new apps?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
What steps from post #1 did you do?
What custom rom did you load?
If you go to menu>settings>about phone>software info - What is your software number?

Also, if you hold down the volume button as you turn on the phone, you'll go straight into bootloader. Did you leave the PC36MIG.zip file on your sdcard?You might be able re-root and start over.
And, from bootloader, you should be able to connect to the phone using "adb-windows shell."
I pretty much did everything in post 1. The part where I think I got screwed up was the unlocking NAND. I typed in the commands, but it didnt seem to do anything

I loaded OMJs

I renamed the PC36MIG.zip, but I could probably rename it back if that would help.

software number is 1.32.651.6

Im not totally familiar with adb. If I can rename the zip, how can I go about restarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Hey Sub-I answered you over in OMJ's thread-you said you reformatted the card, you may need to remount it in adb

adb remount

Not saying Fast isnt right, just thought I'd mention.
Like I said, Im not familiar with ADB, can you explain a bit?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yo i did everything step for step i have to be unlocked or the instruction need to be changed or updated.

Is there a app that can tell if im fully rooted or not?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub186 View Post
yo i did everything step for step i have to be unlocked or the instruction need to be changed or updated.

Last post from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=6812298
Old 06-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
I pretty much did everything in post 1. The part where I think I got screwed up was the unlocking NAND. I typed in the commands, but it didnt seem to do anything

I loaded OMJs

I renamed the PC36MIG.zip, but I could probably rename it back if that would help.

software number is 1.32.651.6

Im not totally familiar with adb. If I can rename the zip, how can I go about restarting

Like I said, Im not familiar with ADB, can you explain a bit?
Sorry, do you have the AndroidSDK? It's not required but it does have tools in it to mod Android. I'm still learning myself so I'm not at Teacher status yet.
Here is the Android Wiki
http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=ADB

In trying to explain it to you I'm figuring out that I may have confused the adb remount commmand with physically mounting your SD card.
My apologies.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:48 PM
VIP Member

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Sorry, do you have the AndroidSDK? It's not required but it does have tools in it to mod Android. I'm still learning myself so I'm not at Teacher status yet.
Here is the Android Wiki
http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=ADB

In trying to explain it to you I'm figuring out that I may have confused the adb remount commmand with physically mounting your SD card.
My apologies.
I did DL SDK but I haven't done anything with it. I was able to get PC36IMG.zip onto the SD and Im trying to start over now
Old 06-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub186 View Post

The instructions are fine.
As I said I had the same issue you did. I ran the steps again and it worked perfectly. I must've made a mistake the first time.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
The instructions are fine.
As I said I had the same issue you did. I ran the steps again and it worked perfectly. I must've made a mistake the first time.
So if i hold down the vol down button and start and go to recovery and everything is green on the hboot screen and it ask me if i want to start update and vol down for no then ask to reboot my device and i say no then select recovery and it go to the screen with the phone and a red triangle i failed?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:15 AM
VIP Member

Ok, I was able to restart with the PC36. That went fine, but now when I get to step 3 of the manual recovery it still doesn't work because the phones not connecting to my PC >.<
Old 06-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

I'm out for the night and most of the weekend. I'm going to Vegas. Doubt I'll be on much this weekend. BTW - Every issue I've seen brought up recently is something that could easily be fixed by following the steps in the instructions to the "T", plus the 2 videos show everything as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Ok, I was able to restart with the PC36. That went fine, but now when I get to step 3 of the manual recovery it still doesn't work because the phones not connecting to my PC >.<
I will address your question because this can be frustrating. I know this has been mentioned before, but it's worth repeating.

All the steps that require you to interact w/ the phone from the pc need two things working;
1 - You must have the drivers installed, if you installed HTC Sync, that's taken care of. (I used the HTC Sync that came w/ the card)
2 - USB Debugging must be turned on. Menu>Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging

As long as those two things are in place, it doesn't matter if you use "HTC Sync" or "Charge Only" when you connect the phone to the pc.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos