PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

djdiesel03 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVERYTHING EVO - Latest Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

can i still proceed with this process if my phone is runnin under boost
Old 11-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g

p0rcupine_tr33 is a n00b

I wanna shhot myself
Old 11-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g

jester84 is a n00b

Will somebody please help me root my EVO 4G 2.3.3 the best way I don't want to mess it up
Old 11-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

JACINDA is a n00b
Question Re: EVERYTHING EVO - Latest Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

I HAVE A SPRINT HTC EVO 4G CELL AND MY HBOOT-2.10 HOW CAN I UNLOCK THIS CELL WITHOUT LOSING ALL MY APPS AND MUSIC AND PICS?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: problems copying or renaming files unlock delete files

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACINDA View Post
I HAVE A SPRINT HTC EVO 4G CELL AND MY HBOOT-2.10 HOW CAN I UNLOCK THIS CELL WITHOUT LOSING ALL MY APPS AND MUSIC AND PICS?
backup your apps with mybackup pro your music and pics should be on your sdcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by anhgun123456 View Post
Path Too Long | Filename too long | Filename is too long | Path too long utility - unlock and delete path too long files

When you are having problems with deleting, copying or renaming files
on your computer, you should get an effective tool. You can find
Windows tool to delete or copy folders and files with errors such as
path too long or the filename too long. Basically search the file and
then press the button to delete or copy it. Path too long application
solves problems with the capacity to delete or copy files and folders
with the long paths in Explorer. At times, errors are created by
software programs, virus, adware and more.
humm what is this about?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 01-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdiesel03 View Post
can i still proceed with this process if my phone is runnin under boost
Yes you can root your phone by either Unrevoked or Revolutionary, just depends on what stock rom and hboot you have. Doesn't matter if you are on Boost network, it's the ROM that you install on whether it will have Boost's settings set-up already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester84 View Post
Will somebody please help me root my EVO 4G 2.3.3 the best way I don't want to mess it up
Go up one level and you will see a thread for Revolutionary and that's the process you use to root your phone since you are running the Gingerbread update, it's simple all you have to do is follow the instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACINDA View Post
Rooting your phone won't cause you to loose any programs or settings, it's when you flash a ROM that you would loose that stuff, plus like was said you can use a program to back-up your apps, like Backup pro or Titanium and both are on the market, the music and pics are both things that you can copy from your sd card over to your home computer, which flashing a ROM doesn't cause you to loose stuff from your sd card unless you wipe it, which is unecessary unlessing you are putting a partition on your card, but you should always have an up-to-date back-up of your sd card in case it goes bad or you make a mistake and wipe it.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

doncunning is a n00b

Hi guys,

1st time user here and this is GREAT! I have an HTC 4G EVO. Just to get my feet wet I tried the power off volume down combination. I let go of the power button as soon as the phone turned on and kept holding the volume down button - even tried volume up. The result was the same - nothing. The only thing I DID notice is that the phone booted up REALLY quick where usually I have a bit of a wait. Am I doing something wrong or are some Sprint EVO phones simply locked? Feel free to respond here or by e-mail!
Old 02-11-2012, 11:29 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncunning View Post
Hi guys,

1st time user here and this is GREAT! I have an HTC 4G EVO. Just to get my feet wet I tried the power off volume down combination. I let go of the power button as soon as the phone turned on and kept holding the volume down button - even tried volume up. The result was the same - nothing. The only thing I DID notice is that the phone booted up REALLY quick where usually I have a bit of a wait. Am I doing something wrong or are some Sprint EVO phones simply locked? Feel free to respond here or by e-mail!
go to setting/power and turn off fastboot pretty sure EVO 4G has this feature now
Old 02-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

doncunning is a n00b

Thanks - that worked - FYI I don't have a power setting though. The fast boot was a setting under Appllications. Is there a full tutorial anywhere over all the commands and functionality once I get to that screen?
Old 02-12-2012, 04:34 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncunning View Post
Thanks - that worked - FYI I don't have a power setting though. The fast boot was a setting under Appllications. Is there a full tutorial anywhere over all the commands and functionality once I get to that screen?
sorry refresh me
what screen and commands for what?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos