PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 10:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G N TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

213INC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First time rooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Cancel only if you activated it through them. Wireless tether does the same thing

Cooler than your EVO
Yes i have a hotspot with sprint
Old 02-20-2011, 02:25 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: First time rooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213INC View Post
Yes i have a hotspot with sprint
definitely call them and cancel and save yourself $30 a month, no sense in paying for something you can get for free through a custom rom.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

omarjenkins is a n00b
Having issues rooting?

I've tried to download the PC36IMG, ENGPC36IMG, and MTD-ENGimg. It won't work. As soon as it's 100% "downloaded", a error page pops up. I've gone to different sites and got the same results. I also was wondering what the point of unrevoked was if you need these files to root. Is it like the ROM you had to install to unlock the WM devices? PLEASE HELP!!!!! I NEED (Really want?) TO ROOT!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Having issues rooting?

I would just go with the unrevoked method. It does all the dirty work for you! SAME root...Easier way to do it!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work
Plus one.. it is easier.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2011, 07:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc EVO

blacky05 is a n00b
Re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

ok so i had a root evo i use this method The Droid Demos Forum • View topic - How to Root the HTC EVO 4G with Froyo 2.2 i broke my screen got a new one and i did the extact same thing but briked it i been reading b4 i try it on the one im getting tomorrow and i see that something bout the swtwar or the hboot makes it brick wich method can i use for the newest evo?? sry im new to all of this
Old 02-21-2011, 11:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacky05 View Post
ok so i had a root evo i use this method The Droid Demos Forum • View topic - How to Root the HTC EVO 4G with Froyo 2.2 i broke my screen got a new one and i did the extact same thing but briked it i been reading b4 i try it on the one im getting tomorrow and i see that something bout the swtwar or the hboot makes it brick wich method can i use for the newest evo?? sry im new to all of this
use one of these

[ROOT][GUIDE] HBoot 2.02/2.10 SOFF - There Will Be Root - Upd. 02.09.11 - xda-developers

unrevoked

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:06 PM
mrbigjohnson

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Rooting Phone Problem

I'm trying to root my Evo with Unrevoked but it says disable HTC sync but I dont know how, and if I try without disabling it, it says the the communication with the phone has been disrupted. Is there a way around this?
Old 02-26-2011, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: Rooting Phone Problem

Inside the Reflask_Package folder that was created when you installed the UnRevoked program you will find hboot driver.htm. Open it and read it. Uninstall HTCsync but leave the driver installer.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo

vindure is a n00b

really wish the "unroot" method had a post saying it would be Froyo 2.2 because i had 2.1 and didnt want a update just a real unroot to my original 2.1 just a warning

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos