PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 12:53 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | for n00b's with vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike6200 View Post
I had just gotten my evo so I had the 1.47.651.1
I did the simple root OTC 1.47.651.1 edition
I now show I have
firmware 2.1 update1
baseband 1.39.00.04.26
kernel 2.6.29
build 1.32.651.1
software 1.32.651.1

I tested by doing this

A. Super easy way to figure out if you're rooted.
1. Make sure USB Debugging is on.
Menu>Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging should be checked

2. Connect your phone using "Charge Only"
3. Open a "Run" window and type "c:\evo-recovery\adb-windows shell"
If you get a "$" you're not rooted [IMG]
If you get a "#" you're rooted [IMG]f

I get the # sign
I download rom manager and select install Rom from SD Card and it says
"you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed before continuing. I try to instal and it says An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands
Ive tried Manually doing steps 1and 2 and it says main version is older.

PLEASE HELP.
I use to get that same error but couldnt ever figure it out. iknowsquat might be able to help ya out.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Tregrad is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | for n00b's with vid

so get the error that i was told alot of people get...

/sdcard/part1: cannot create /data/app-cache/com.android.browser/BEC48C17295CAF9
F550BCD500A0A6F03
/data/app-cache/com.android.browser/DE25D64D198E4BF84672045F0EAEE6CE
/data/app-cache/com.android.browser/EAFCD74DF11E57A3571B1E4D0B768134/foo: directory nonexistant
reboot and run part2

then i read that i should find out how to fix it with this statement "If you get this error, check the FAQ in post #2 for "Getting an error on step 5N""

i looked all over the freakin place for it and can not find "post#2" or "getting an error on step 5N"

someone please clarify what to do with this error and maybe notify the op to put a link or something in the post.

OR im totaly stupid and its right under my nose, I was wrong ONCE before lol

thanks alot
Old 08-02-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tregrad is a n00b

then right before 5L it says

"Now turn your phone back on. Once it's on the home screen continue with the next step. You should still be at the "c:\evo-recovery>" prompt."

now should we be in "disk drive" or "charge only" or what?
Old 08-02-2010, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tregrad is a n00b

Oh and his "tinyurl" thing didnt work either, use the one that he says you dont have to use because it works.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Tregrad is a n00b

sorry if i sound ungrateful here because i am very grateful for the help
Old 08-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

@Mike-mostly you dont have an unlocked nand. Simple root is supposed to unlock it but I see more and more users with it ztill locked after running the program.
Verify for me-turn off your phone, hold Vol Down while you power back on. Look at the top of your screen for hboot and tell me your version. I'm betting it says .79 which is wrong and you dont have ''full'' root. If it's .79 then you need to do Step 5S of the tutorial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tregrad View Post
then right before 5L it says

"Now turn your phone back on. Once it's on the home screen continue with the next step. You should still be at the "c:\evo-recovery>" prompt."

now should we be in "disk drive" or "charge only" or what?
Fast switched the content of Post 1 and 2 so the FAQ and the fix you are looking for is now in Post 1.
For the entire root process you need USB Debugging enabled and be in Charge only or HTC Sync. If you are in disk drive the files on your card are not accessible.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

There is now a One Click Simple Root for 1.47 software.
Have not tested it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720565
Old 08-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21
Nandorid backup

How does one go about doing a nandroid backup the cheapest easiest way possible? And do u have to be rooted to do it?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Re: Nandorid backup

to do a nandroid backup you must be rooted. If you haven't applied the new OTA to froyo, do the 4-click root and wait for a rooted deodexed version to get released.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Re: Nandorid backup

BTW after the 4-click root, at the top of the screen click extras and then click flash recovery. Now your fully rooted and can do a nandroid.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos