PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What apps do you have?

I think its about time to get an app thread goin... So guys, what apps do you have installed? Which ones can you not live without?

Heres my (rather small) list:
Advanced task killer
Astro file manager
Slacker
Pandora
Weather Channel
Fring
Google Goggles
Old 06-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown
Re: What apps do you have?

google earth
skyfire
ATK pro
Waze
among others.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid (BB v1.1, 1.2ghz), BB Tour, BB Bold, Mogul
Carrier: VZN, ATT, Sprint

chancellar is a n00b

I'd recommend the following:

System Monitor - best app to get system information like temperature, available storage and program memory, storage sppace, etc.

Imusic and Music Junk - No longer on the market but you can find the .apk's floating around. Basically these apps are like Napster for your phone. Nothing like d/l'ing free music onto your phone.

ES File Explorer - Best file manager and movie player around

Adfree - keep those ads off your EVO

Wifi Tether - Need root but better than paying Sprint 30 bucks a month for something you can do for free.

Dolphin HD - best browser I've used and it used to allow you to save youtube videos to your phone. Try and find the older .apk, the newer updated dolphin removed the save youtube videos feature.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've got about 150 installed. But there are a lot of great little apps. Depends on your needs and interests, really.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:07 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I've been a little busy messing with the phone but I've installed the following so far:

Slacker Radio
Google Goggles
Google SkyMap
Layar
Abduction
ATK
Astro File Browser
Bonsai Blast game
Google Earth
Engadget
Tapatalk
Word Up game
Old 06-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i highly recommend locale. it may be pricey to some ($11 for the app,$2 for plugins) but it is very very conveinent for me. changes profiles based on gps location. walk in the office, goes to vibrate, walk in the house, back to normal. music app launches when headphones are plugged in, and much more i love it!

another good one i found is rembr. adds calender appts by voice i.e. "dinner reservations at 8pm" or "cousins graduation 7 until 9pm" automatically in the calendar!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

damn bundo 150!!! been a busy week for ya huh!!
Old 06-04-2010, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
i highly recommend locale. it may be pricey to some ($11 for the app,$2 for plugins) but it is very very conveinent for me. changes profiles based on gps location. walk in the office, goes to vibrate, walk in the house, back to normal. music app launches when headphones are plugged in, and much more i love it!

another good one i found is rembr. adds calender appts by voice i.e. "dinner reservations at 8pm" or "cousins graduation 7 until 9pm" automatically in the calendar!
But who wants their GPS on all the time. Battery life is a big enough issue.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Dr. Evo is keeping up the good workDr. Evo is keeping up the good work

Advanced Task Killer
Barcode Scanner
Color Flashlight
Discovery Channel
Google Earth
Facebook for Android
Google Googles
Google Sky Map
Mabilo Wallpapers
Google Maps
Movies/Flickstr
ShopSavvy
Twitter
Wikimobile
Old 06-04-2010, 02:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://androinica.com/2010/06/03/best-evoapps/

I picked up most of these top 10.

Fring
Shop Savvy
Dolphin HD browser
Astro File Manager
TV.com
Speedtest.net
Google Goggles

so far...

-CC

EDIT: Added a few and removed a few;

Text to Speech Extended
Robo Defense Free
Spare Parts
PDANet Free Edition
Yelp
Qik for HTC EVo 4G
Caller ID Faker
Fandango Movies
Google Translate
System Monitor
Shazam
Google Sky Map
Barcode Scanner
Google Earth
Google Maps

Last edited by clockcycle; 06-12-2010 at 10:38 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G