PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

View Poll Results: Are we Setting the bar to high for this phone
Yes 24 43.64%
No 31 56.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

crownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Setting the bar to high

have we set the bar a little to high for this phone......so when tomorrow comes we will post every little defect or problem that goes wrong with it and how it doesnt run smooth or fast....Are we setting ourselves up for disappointment by setting the bar to high on this phone?

what are your thoughts?
Old 06-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout
Re: Setting the bar to high

I voted yes, but I kind of go back on my answer. I think we have been blessing this phone like a second coming of jesus but I think once the phone comes out there will two types of people. People who expect this phone to be absolutely perfect. And people who can accept some defects or problems and help resolve them.

Needless to say, this forum will likely be an utter mess for the fist week. Get ready...
Old 06-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

im coming from a touch pro (which isnt horrible) but from all ive read, the Evo will be lots better.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

crownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovatScout View Post

Needless to say, this forum will likely be an utter mess for the fist week. Get ready...

I Know it prolly we be worst then the 10 fee....there are going to be short novels everywhere everyone will have their own reviews
Old 06-03-2010, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I haven't set the bar to high,i am expecting minor bugs as you can with any new product coming out.i just know at the end of the day the evo will be one heck of a device.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes, I think expectations are a little high, but I'm excited for tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Quiksmage is becoming a great contributor

People are going to complain like they do with every single device. There is no end all perfect device. Everything has its shortcomings. The problem with phones nowadays is the rate to which they become completely outdated by a large margin. I'm betting in 5 months we'll have those dual core processors to make us salivate over. The majority of us will live with the shortcomings of the device because even though it isn't perfect, it still is better or on par with anything else out there for now. Is there anything better set to come out on sprint anytime soon? For now, i'll be quite happy with whatever performance i get out of this device as it will definitely perform better than windows mobile and my touch pro 2. I just hate getting rid of my PERFECT hardware keyboard, the one thing the touch pro 2 got ENTIRELY correct.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff

why shouldn't you expect perfection. i mean not to sound like a jerk but i feel that you should always expect perfection. its something that i stress to my employees i always expect the best when I'm putting my money into it. sorry but there's no way that I'll just settle its just not in my nature.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabackwoodboy View Post
why shouldn't you expect perfection. i mean not to sound like a jerk but i feel that you should always expect perfection. its something that i stress to my employees i always expect the best when I'm putting my money into it. sorry but there's no way that I'll just settle its just not in my nature.
i mean you are right you should but all the specs advertised will not be dead on for every produciton unit, it will vary as you can see some are in love with the camera some report it as being poor.....
Old 06-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

I voted "No".
I'm expecting a terrific screen, Android 2.1 (soon to be 2.2) and a quicker response than my current HTC Diamond. I don't plan on replacing my TV/Digital Camera/XBOX with this phone. I think I will be very happy when I get it

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G