PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

BrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTunes for the Evo 4G

Just in case someone was intrested in doing this.
http://www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-...th_itunes.html

HTC EVO 4G
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: iTunes for the Evo 4G

Old 05-29-2010, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just set it up on my PC on windows 7 64bit..Everything works great.Even embeds the album art like it would on the ipod and iphone..Now i need to find a class 6 32GB sd card for something a little less than $200.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

BruceBanner is becoming a great contributor

itunes is trash for apple devices, why would anyone want to use that shit for an android device....unless you actually pay for music through that garbage system.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
itunes is trash for apple devices, why would anyone want to use that shit for an android device....unless you actually pay for music through that garbage system.
i really dont understand whats so bad about it. nice clean interface that makes finding the music you want extremely easy, GREAT smart playlist, and for me-it just works. What exactly are you looking for for a media player?

I really hate apple as a whole but the way i had my itunes set up was PERFECT. Ive since switched to linux for the moment and thats the main thing i miss
Old 05-29-2010, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
You clearly fall under the not intrested side of this thread.I was simply pointing out that it can be done.And for me(one who does purchase music) It was a breeze to sync my music library on my new device..I do use iTunes(been useing it for years),before i ever knew anything about android...Point me to the AndroidTunes service and i'll gladly switch..
Old 05-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

For the longest time I wasn't a big fan of iTunes or any of the copy-cat services. This was mostly because of the restrictive DRM they were putting on their music. I was slightly impressed when Apple came out and said you could get DRM free for an extra charge... then even more impressed when they decided to remove DRM altogether.

I personally don't use iTunes so this doesn't effect me and my future EVO. However, my wife has quite an extensive library in it and has an HTC Hero. These instructions will come in quite handy for her. Thanks for the post!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
I love my 160 GB iPod Classic, but I despise iTunes. MediaMonkey Gold FTW!
Old 05-29-2010, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work

I have an iMac, so iTunes works like magic for me.
Try DoubleTwist. I'm on my netbook right now and am not in possession of an Evo (yet). But I've heard good things about it.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

i dont really like doubletwist. feels like a downplayed/limited version of itunes. If im gonna use something different id rather it be completely different, not just some fake rip off. Its fine for syncing i guess but i want something I wouldnt mind using to play music from my desktop too, so it can keep my playcounts from home and on the go combined, this is why i loves itunes+ipod, those dynamic playlist including playcounts are great
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G