PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Setting the bar to high (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123408)

Cicatrize 06-03-2010 03:55 PM

Re: Setting the bar to high

I voted no because I'm expecting what I'm sure I'm going to get. I like my gf's Hero more than I like my TP2, and the Evo kills the Hero in every way imaginable.

malibu_23 06-03-2010 03:56 PM

im just bracing for all the windows heads to be askin "y cant i do this", "i could do it on windows". lol.

or the 300 threads addressing known problems. think ill avoid the boards unless i really have a pressing matter, cuz this forum will be littered with repeat posts, annoying questions, anal quirks about any little thing.

"my screens too sensitive!" "y cant u use my finger nails?" Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!

TREmp77 06-03-2010 03:57 PM

I vote no. We know the specs, we've seen the videos...we know what we are getting. A kick ass phone!

rainfreak 06-03-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malibu_23 (Post 1789527)
im just bracing for all the windows heads to be askin "y cant i do this", "i could do it on windows". lol.

or the 300 threads addressing known problems. think ill avoid the boards unless i really have a pressing matter, cuz this forum will be littered with repeat posts, annoying questions, anal quirks about any little thing.

PPCGeeks sent me a case of Red Bull so that I could be all Amped up to be a Rockstar in the EVO forums tomorrow. And believe me, I have No Fear with regard to being thought of as a Monster while I rip through this forum at Full Throttle.

karong 06-03-2010 04:14 PM

I say yes some people are but im not. As much as im anticipating this phone Im going in with realistic expectations. Yes the specs are sick but no device is perfect and the first batch of any new device will always have glitches and im prepared for that. I know this device wont replace my laptop, camera or even my ipod. (the battery life will be bad enough without me using it as my music player too). either way i am excited for tomorrow.

sidenote: I finally held a dummy Evo today at the Shack and the thing is huge. I remember a few years it was all about the smallest and thinnest device now its going back the other way lol

another sidenote: Mods i hope there is going to be a "got my Evo" sticky thread tomorrow to avoid everyone who picked it up making a new thread about it.

Dr.8820 06-03-2010 04:17 PM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

lol at rainfreak!

crownholder 06-03-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malibu_23 (Post 1789527)

lol is there any thing android cant do that windows can?(dont think there is to many)

Kurakka 06-03-2010 06:02 PM

in my opinion we should always hold a tech gadget to the highest possible bar. Even if it doesn't deliver we need to voice what it is that didn't deliver. If you accept what they give you and its sub par then they assume you are ok with it. Even if it sells 1 million units out the door, if we torture test it and find the faults then maybe the EVO 2 will be better. Point is Assume it will be god but plan for it to fail. in that light you wont be as dissapointed.

honduranthunder 06-03-2010 07:08 PM

I won't be disappointed either way. The phone may have bugs..but what phone hasn't? Who cares... the phone is by far high tech. we've been granted a wish, and I think we shouldn't be picky. Most of us are paying 199.99 for it, and where have you seen a better deal with all that technology on a small device? I'm pretty sure by all the reviews, and comments..this phone will blow away our expectations, and it will set it's own bar above the competition! i.e. IPHONY

kris510 06-03-2010 07:30 PM

I vote no as well. Even if there are little bugs here and there, bugs can be fixed. Hell, the phone will get better with all the geniuses we have here working on it =D