PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

shaned197 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Games run Choppy on EVO

Watched all the games from the youtube site. I can honestly say I have most of those games on my ipod touch 3rd generation, and they ran much much better on the ipod.

I am still trying to decide between the Evo and iphone 4, but the 3gs already beats out the Evo in a gaming sense.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Advanced Task Killer...one thing you have to remember on the Android OS is that a lot of the programs stay open, which eats up memory and storage space...Android OS tends to do weird things when it doesn't have a lot of memory...download Advanced Task Killer and run it...you'll be suprised how much the Evo begins to speed up...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Teeter works great. So does the virtual beer app, with the burp at the end. You may not think that's a game, but I drank 30 of them last night, and beat my friend, who could only drink 27
Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!
Carrier: SPRINT

wbchristmas is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebundo View Post
teeter works great. So does the virtual beer app, with the burp at the end. You may not think that's a game, but i drank 30 of them last night, and beat my friend, who could only drink 27
lmao!!
Old 06-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

You guys have to use a task killer before playing heavy games. Some people will say you don't need a task killer, they are wrong. Use a task killer before play and your games will run smoothly.
Google is the next skynet
Old 06-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

I just wanna know if I'll be able to finally play Mystique Chapter 3 on the Evo cuz it would never play on my Hero, always forced close on me
Old 06-03-2010, 09:39 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

While I would agree the performance in that video isn't spectacular, the games that I play on Android are generally not so intensive, so it doesn't bother me. Also, they still are very good. The only one I saw that had any issue was that FPS at the end, but it wasn't too bad. Sure as hell beats any 3D gaming experience (or rather, lack thereof) we have on WM. lol
Old 06-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

The iPhone GPU is well known to run better than any other phone, and the A4 blows the snapdragon out of the water as far as GPU goes, it's just a fact.

If you want to game on your phone, get an iPhone HD, if you're more into aesthetics, widgets, and more control over your device (not to mention 4G) then get an Evo, but gaming and graphics-wise it will not even come close to the iPhone.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:54 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
The iPhone GPU is well known to run better than any other phone, and the A4 blows the snapdragon out of the water as far as GPU goes, it's just a fact.

If you want to game on your phone, get an iPhone HD, if you're more into aesthetics, widgets, and more control over your device (not to mention 4G) then get an Evo, but gaming and graphics-wise it will not even come close to the iPhone.
Or just to simplify:

If you want a gaming device, go get an iPhone...or more appropriately, a DSi or a PSP.

If you want a great smartphone platform, get an Android device.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Or just to simplify:

If you want a gaming device, go get an iPhone...or more appropriately, a DSi or a PSP.

If you want a great smartphone platform, get an Android device.
I can't agree with these statements at all. any game that has been created exactly the same, homerun battle, heavy gunner, plus a couple of other ones run exactly the same as on the iphone. One reason there is lag is because iphone can only run one program at a time so it has an auto task killer built into its os, its sounds like none of you are using the task killer but expect with 10 programs open the game to run smoothly? Also there is fragmentation in android currently so some games have only been made for the lower end androids and of course the iphone versions are better. But if you guys think games made for n1, evo, droid, or incredible are below iphone games you guys are wrong. Also once JIT is applied, you guys will be so wowed, but until then i understand you're disbelief.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G