PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 11:12 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Games run Choppy on EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
yeah,

but you gotta admit that the iPhone 4G/HD, running the same CPU as the galaxy S is going to have SICK graphics with those stats (to the right of the snapdragon), 1000+ @ pixels per second.
Yes, this is true, but again, I don't think the pixels per second is ever going to be a factor. At least not with the resolution of current screens.

The speed of the GPU is going to be an obvious improvement though.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Yes, this is true, but again, I don't think the pixels per second is ever going to be a factor. At least not with the resolution of current screens.

The speed of the GPU is going to be an obvious improvement though.
plus the fact that the resolution on the iPhone 4G is 960X640. (as shown here)

Going to be sweet.

But what I love about the Evo is 4.3" screen, after being on an HD2 that iPhone 4G screen is going to seem small, plus I love me some android.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:29 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
plus the fact that the resolution on the iPhone 4G is 960X640. (as shown here)

Going to be sweet.

But what I love about the Evo is 4.3" screen, after being on an HD2 that iPhone 4G screen is going to seem small, plus I love me some android.
Yeah, that res is absolutely awesome, but it's still iPhone OS, which bums me out. Oh and it's Apple, which makes it a big no for me. It could be 1280x1024 with 1080p out and a 4.5" screen and I still wouldn't buy it.

EDIT: If it did my dishes and laundry for me, I still wouldn't buy it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:34 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Yeah, that res is absolutely awesome, but it's still iPhone OS, which bums me out. Oh and it's Apple, which makes it a big no for me. It could be 1280x1024 with 1080p out and a 4.5" screen and I still wouldn't buy it.

EDIT: If it did my dishes and laundry for me, I still wouldn't buy it.
It is what it is, I like iPhone OS for a lot of things and have no beef with apple, I'm going to get the iPhone, but I really love android (more than iPhone OS) and looking to get a nexus one as well.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:48 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Well personally I could care less about games... I had a 3gs and a ton of games that I rarely ever played unless I was SUPER bored.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:50 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Yeah if I want to play games, I usually like quick 2D puzzle games if it's on my phone. Otherwise I'll use my PSP/DS.

If I'm at home, I'll play a console. I'm never in a situation where I'm like "damn, this line at the bank is crazy, I need to get some 3D gaming in."
Old 06-03-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah if I want to play games, I usually like quick 2D puzzle games if it's on my phone. Otherwise I'll use my PSP/DS.

If I'm at home, I'll play a console. I'm never in a situation where I'm like "damn, this line at the bank is crazy, I need to get some 3D gaming in."
lol.

very true,

but remember it applies to video playback and streaming too.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE
Carrier: Sprint

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
The iPhone can multitask if jailbroken, and I have had my phone, messaging, iheartradio, and facebook open while playing games and they run perfectly smooth on the 3GS, but not quite as smooth on the 3G.
PLEASE STOP THE B/S As an iTouch Owner with multitasking i can say thats B/S because my iPod lags for 2 different reasons.

1. i have 5 pages of apps and i notice a lag while turning pages or opening an app.

2. when i have multiple apps running i also notice a lag with game play and other apps when there are 2 other apps open.

and my friend also notices these lags but worst and she only has 3 pages of apps and multitasking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 06-03-2010, 12:34 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Quote:
lol.

very true,

but remember it applies to video playback and streaming too.
Unless it's Flash. Then it'll do it better on the Evo...mainly because the Evo actually CAN play Flash. lol
Old 06-03-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyscoAssassinx View Post
PLEASE STOP THE B/S As an iTouch Owner with multitasking i can say thats B/S because my iPod lags for 2 different reasons.

1. i have 5 pages of apps and i notice a lag while turning pages or opening an app.

2. when i have multiple apps running i also notice a lag with game play and other apps when there are 2 other apps open.

and my friend also notices these lags but worst and she only has 3 pages of apps and multitasking.
do you have a 3rg generation iTouch, and what kind of phone/ipod does your friend have. I said it lags a little on the 3G, but on 3GS backgrounder with proswitcher is pretty fast.

OS4.0 is an official OS which does have multitasking natively and does it with good battery performance. it comes out in less than a week. on the A4 1ghz it will be NO problem.

Quote:
Unless it's Flash. Then it'll do it better on the Evo...mainly because the Evo actually CAN play Flash. lol
It will look better on the iPhone because of the higher resolution and better GPU, but yeah, no flash

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G