PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 10:03 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Games run Choppy on EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I can't agree with these statements at all. any game that has been created exactly the same, homerun battle, heavy gunner, plus a couple of other ones run exactly the same as on the iphone. One reason there is lag is because iphone can only run one program at a time so it has an auto task killer built into its os, its sounds like none of you are using the task killer but expect with 10 programs open the game to run smoothly? Also there is fragmentation in android currently so some games have only been made for the lower end androids and of course the iphone versions are better. But if you guys think games made for n1, evo, droid, or incredible are below iphone games you guys are wrong. Also once JIT is applied, you guys will be so wowed, but until then i understand you're disbelief.
True, I didn't really think about that. Sometimes I forget that the iPhone platform is so prehistoric that it only runs one program at a time.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Keep in mind that the Evo is also running the cellphone unit. If you want to turn it into more of a iPod Touch then you will need to turn off the radio and kill the background applications since this is essentially what the iPod Touch does.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work

Quote:
You guys have to use a task killer before playing heavy games. Some people will say you don't need a task killer, they are wrong. Use a task killer before play and your games will run smoothly.
Thats so true. i hate when ppl say dont use a task killer. I know for a fact my Hero runs smoother and has less lag after I kill the open apps running.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
I can't agree with these statements at all. any game that has been created exactly the same, homerun battle, heavy gunner, plus a couple of other ones run exactly the same as on the iphone. One reason there is lag is because iphone can only run one program at a time so it has an auto task killer built into its os, its sounds like none of you are using the task killer but expect with 10 programs open the game to run smoothly? Also there is fragmentation in android currently so some games have only been made for the lower end androids and of course the iphone versions are better. But if you guys think games made for n1, evo, droid, or incredible are below iphone games you guys are wrong. Also once JIT is applied, you guys will be so wowed, but until then i understand you're disbelief.
The GPU on the iPhone 4G/HD is better than on the n1, Evo, and HD2, it's a hardware FACT. The A4 uses the samsung hummingbird CPU.

The iPhone can multitask if jailbroken, and I have had my phone, messaging, iheartradio, and facebook open while playing games and they run perfectly smooth on the 3GS, but not quite as smooth on the 3G.

Here is a chart comparing the different chips, note the next iPhone 4G/HD released this month has the same chip as the samsung galaxy, so you can use those stats.

Take a look at the GPU numbers, that's quite a difference. The snapdragon does not compare!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cellcompare.JPG (185.9 KB, 39 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by orangekid; 06-03-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

i can't even read that picture, even after i clicked on it!?
Old 06-03-2010, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shaned197 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mswezey View Post
i can't even read that picture, even after i clicked on it!?
This is where he pulled the picture incase you cant see it!

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Cellphonehardwarecompari1.png

Thanks orangekid great information!!

Last edited by orangekid; 06-03-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: get the pic in there so you don't have to scroll forever
Old 06-03-2010, 10:54 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

fixed pic, forgot you cant attach big PNGs so i converted it to JPG, you can click on it now.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:59 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
The GPU on the iPhone 4G/HD is better than on the n1, Evo, and HD2, it's a hardware FACT. The A4 uses the samsung hummingbird CPU.

The iPhone can multitask if jailbroken, and I have had my phone, messaging, iheartradio, and facebook open while playing games and they run perfectly smooth on the 3GS, but not quite as smooth on the 3G.

Here is a chart comparing the different chips, note the next iPhone 4G/HD released this month has the same chip as the samsung galaxy, so you can use those stats.

Take a look at the GPU numbers, that's quite a difference. The snapdragon does not compare!
Huh? I would think that the EVO would have an advantage here due to the triangles per second factor. 133m pixels per second is still very good for a mobile platform. If you do the math, in a hypothetically perfect world, that's 346 frames per second capable.

22m triangles/sec is incredibly awesome. 3GS is 10m... still good, but arguably, I'd say the GPU in the Evo is more capable.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Huh? I would think that the EVO would have an advantage here due to the triangles per second factor. 133m pixels per second is still very good for a mobile platform. If you do the math, in a hypothetically perfect world, that's 346 frames per second capable.

22m triangles/sec is incredibly awesome. 3GS is 10m... still good, but arguably, I'd say the GPU in the Evo is more capable.

yeah,

but you gotta admit that the iPhone 4G/HD, running the same CPU as the galaxy S is going to have SICK graphics with those stats (to the right of the snapdragon), 1000+ @ pixels per second.

Last edited by orangekid; 06-03-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i dont know crap about triangles and gpus but i will comment on the gaming on my incredible. i have dungeon hunter as well as nova, both from gameloft, both 3d games. i have noticed some choppy spots but its not enough to turn me off from playing them, and its barely intrusive imo. if i play for an hour it may get choppy once for a second or 2 but thats it, take it for what its worth.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G