PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Evo with Basic Data Plan

well that is ion your case cause you do not have the discounts like some of us do on our old plans.It would cost me 50$ a month more at the least.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:05 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would actually end up about the same with discounts and such so I am thinking through a new two year contract. IDK
Old 06-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

geedubya15 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
The Everything Data Share Plan 1500 minutes is $130 for the first two lines and $20 for each add a line. You said you were on the $10 data plan which is not compatible with smart-phones.

If your account says Everything Data Share 1500 and your bill is somewhere around $200/month then you are good to go. EDSP includes 1500 minutes/unl text/unl internet/Sprint Nav/NFL(not anymore)/some Sprint TV channels/Sprint Radio

just call or chat sprint to make sure you're on the right plan. done and done!

Yea I am sorry...I completely forgot that earlier this year my plan had changed some. Prior to the blackberrys. We have a Everything Data Share 1500. So this means that I should be able to replace my Touch Pro 2 if I buy a Evo at Retail Price?

My Average total monthly bill is $189.33

Yea I know I should call sprint. But to be honest, my history with them always proves that they sometimes dont know what they are talking about. Especially about knew phones. This was the case when I was told by Sprint store that I should get a free upgrade from TP1 to the TP2. Anyway, I should be okay for the Evo without having to upgrade my plan?
Old 06-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittler View Post
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I believe Blackberries are not required to have an everything data plan like android and webos phones.

FYI for all those who say that its way too much to get this phone I'll actually paying $3 less after upgrading all my plans (with discounts and credits)
Maybe true, but Blackberries DO require a $30 data plan for each line. So it might as well require a Everything data plan. Be cheaper anyway.
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

geedubya15 is a n00b

So if I have the 'Everything Data Share 1500' Plan then I should be able to use the Evo on that plan? The data is what I want to use.

If I am able to use the Evo, will the internet be Evdo Rev-A or will 3G be able to be used? I'm assuming 4G wont work. (Or if these will work, will I be charged extra)?
Old 06-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by geedubya15 View Post
So if I have the 'Everything Data Share 1500' Plan then I should be able to use the Evo on that plan? The data is what I want to use.

If I am able to use the Evo, will the internet be Evdo Rev-A or will 3G be able to be used? I'm assuming 4G wont work. (Or if these will work, will I be charged extra)?
You're good. The EVO is a $10 additional per month per line. You can use it anywhere on the sprint network. 4G where available.

Last edited by dbldwn02; 06-03-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

geedubya15 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
You're good. The EVO is a $10 additional per month per line. You can use it anywhere on the sprint network. 4G where available.
Okay, thanks a bunch. Really appreciate it. Yeaa, I just got off the phone with a sprint Rep and they said the same thing. Is there any way around this additional $10 a month. I dont even care/want to use the phone with 4G.

If no, do you think in the soon upcoming months Sprint may take off the requirement of the $10 a month for premium data, cause if so, I may just wait to purchase the Evo. Dont know if thats something they would do though.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Dahlunit is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by geedubya15 View Post
Okay, thanks a bunch. Really appreciate it. Yeaa, I just got off the phone with a sprint Rep and they said the same thing. Is there any way around this additional $10 a month. I dont even care/want to use the phone with 4G.

If no, do you think in the soon upcoming months Sprint may take off the requirement of the $10 a month for premium data, cause if so, I may just wait to purchase the Evo. Dont know if thats something they would do though.
First, your plan is fine like you were told. Second, there is NO way to have an EVO activated without that $10 add-on soc attached to your account. When we activate it in the system, that code is automatically added, and if we try to remove it we just get errors all day long. Whether or not your going to use the 4G, because the $10 isn't for 4G...is coded as a premium date charge due to how much data the EVO will use. I'm not in a 4G market and it gets tacked on.

And with all of the other carriers switching to tiered data pricing, and Sprint staying unlimited, I don't see anyway that they would removed that code down the road. No proof of this whatsoever, but its my feelings. We also haven't been hearing anything from the higher ups about removing it. Take it or leave it I guess.

Last edited by Dahlunit; 06-03-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:37 AM
aph
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

aph is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlunit View Post
Whether or not your going to use the 4G, because the $10 isn't for 4G...is coded as a premium data charge due to how much data the EVO will use. I'm not in a 4G market and it gets tacked on.
Does this mean that both 3G and 4G should (theoretically) be available on an Evo regardless of whether the $10 premium data code is on the account? I understand it's impossible to have an Evo activated without that code, but is there are reason to believe it's not somehow linked to the 4G?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G